Sr Specialist, HR Business Partner
North Amityville, New YorkJob ID SAS20211304-59649
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, HR Business Partner
Job ID: SAS20211304-59649
Job Location: Amityville, NY
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a Sr Specialist, HR Business Partner for the Release Systems & Antenna Products Division located in Amityville, NY L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in 130 countries.
- Serve as HR Business Partner to provide support in the areas of compensation administration, employee engagement, employee relations, learning & development, legal compliance, measuring & reporting, performance management, and staffing at all levels within assigned functions.
- Provide leadership, direction, counsel/coaching and business analytics that enables leaders to make sound talent decisions and promote employee engagement and healthy/positive/productive employee relations.
- Partner with client groups to build and execute upon talent plans in achievement of overall business strategy, objectives and goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relations with management and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on employee-related and organizational matters. Identify and diagnose issues proactively and develop, recommend and implement root cause solutions that enhance employee engagement/experience and business results in a timely manner.
- Analyze data and identify / deliver metrics and recommendations to enable effective customer decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Participate and/or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior HR Generalist experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum 4 years of prior HR Generalist experience
- Experience driving HR strategy in the following areas: performance management, employee engagement and retention, staffing, compensation, diversity/inclusion, leadership coaching and development and succession planning
- 2+ years’ experience as an HR Business Partner, preferably in a Matrix Environment supporting manufacturing employees
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience:
- MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Results oriented, proactive and resourceful.
- Experience supporting manufacturing population desirable
- High level of integrity; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met given frequent interruptions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment with attention to detail
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and self-initiative with track record on delivering commitments.
- Ability to influence, coach and consult with all levels of the organization in a positive and effective manner.
- Adaptability, with the ability to successfully operate in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of a team as well as operate independently.
- Analytical mindset and ability to analyze large data sets to identify trends and recommend organizational decisions.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.