L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Inspector
Job Code: SAS20200806-46295
Job Location: North Amityville, NY
Inspects complex machine parts and assemblies using hand tools and measuring instruments. Interprets 2-D drawing and is able to measure parts using CMM or Measuring instruments with the use of 3-D Model.
- Perform Receiving Inspection, In-Process Inspection, Final Inspection First Piece Inspection and Source Inspection.
- Perform process control inspection such as fusion welding, resistance welding, marking, painting, surface treatments, heat treating, raw material, calibration, packaging, knowledge of solder, hybrid assembly and SMT inspection.
- Record and maintain quality data. Create system reports as required.
- Applicable occupational skills may include items such as: machined part inspection, gear inspection, sheet metal, pattern layout, investment and die casting inspection, mechanical assembly inspection, plastics fabrication inspection, gage inspection, tooling inspection, surface texture inspection, paint and finish inspection, package inspection.
- Use equipment such as hand tools, gages, surface plate, indicators, sine plates, autocollimator, optical instruments, surface analyzer, tool maker microscope, balances, scales, hardness testers, gear inspection equipment, Measuring Arms, CMM and CMM programming.
- Understand GD&T and Inspect Parts using 3 -D Cad Models.
- Interact with other departments outside of Quality Assurance such as Engineering, Production, and Purchasing.
- Interaction with external customers regarding submission of product with QE guidance.
- Assist lower level inspectors within the department.
- High school graduate (or equivalent) and minimum of 8 years of inspection experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years or prior inspection experience.
- 8+ years performing mechanical measurements, using various measuring instruments GD&T methodology.
- 8+ years performing simple surface plate set-ups, micrometers, height gages, optical comparators, etc.
- Able to bend, stoop, reach and lift 40 lbs. repetitively.
- Assist with MRB activity.
- Create simple work instructions.
- Assist in the preparation of inspection planning and implementation of corrective action.
- Perform configuration verification.
- Recommend inspection fixture design.
- Support internal audits.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Quality Engineer (New Grad - North Amityville, NY) North Amityville, New York
- Sr Spec, Supplier Quality Engineering - Machine & Fabrication Expertise Victor, New York, Ronkonkoma, New York, Rochester, New York, North Amityville, New York, New York, New York, Hauppauge, New York, New York, New York, Binghamton, New York, Albany, New York