North Amityville, New YorkJob ID SAS20211103-57942
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211103-57942
Job Location: North Amityville, NY
The Quality Engineer Specialist shall assure reliable product is being delivered to our customers on time, meeting or exceeding expectations and specifications. The candidate be an experienced professional with a thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance practices and principles. Broad understanding of the requirements of AS9100 Rev D and ability to conduct audits. Interface and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Ability to make sound, investigative and resourceful decisions based on facts. Work with teams to identify and implement continuous improvements to processes and products.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, and vendor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Develop and implement program quality plans, programs, and procedures.
- Conduct contract reviews and flow down of requirements to the supply chain and functional groups.
- Provide technical support and training to Inspection department
- Evaluate and resolve product issues
- Review and analyze quality data for trends and metric generation
- Perform trend analysis of reported nonconformities. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Manage Corrective Action Requests (CAR’s)
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and present findings to Internal Corrective Action Review Board and the Executive Corrective Action Review Boards
- Review and approve engineering specification such as ATPs, drawings, models, manufacturing work instruction for adequacy, quality, and compliance to specification and contractual requirements
- Lead Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities
- Support Design Reviews and Production Readiness Reviews in support of New Product Development projects
- Perform FRACAS and Failure Analysis
- Review and update procedures as applicable
- Conduct internal and FOD audits as necessary
- Manage AS 9102 First Article Inspection activities
- Perform final product sell-off
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience with Root Cause and Corrective Action techniques including but not limited to: DMAIC, Fishbone/Ishikawa Diagram, 5 Why’s, 8D, etc
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace and Defense Industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Management, or Quality Sciences
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and a good working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Prior Aerospace and Defense Industry experience
- Develop QA and QC input for proposals
- Lean/Six Sigma training
- AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality system experience
- Advanced product Quality Planning, SPC, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, problem solving methodologies and Lean Concepts
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.