North Amityville, New YorkJob ID SAS20210104-59008
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Job Code: SAS20210104-59008
Job Location: North Amityville, NY
L3Harris - Release Systems, Antennas, and Telemetry is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of plant facilities, buildings, offices, and grounds maintenance / repairs. The Facilities Manager will also be responsible for managing the mechanical, electrical and plumbing and HVAC systems and ensure minimal downtime of critical infrastructure equipment. The successful candidate, with L3Harris Corporate oversight, will oversee the company’s facility operations, repair and calibration of key process equipment, advance the TPM process, partner with EHS and Security staff, manage planned replacement of Capital equipment, construction projects, office & factory moves for continuous improvement, while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Direct and coordinate daily operations and maintenance of a 280,000 square foot 3-building campus for manufacturing, test, and office space situated on a 20-acre site.
- Develop and maintain liaison with town and governmental agencies including Fire Marshal, Town Planning Commission, Department of Health, Agriculture, Environmental Protection Agency, OSHA, etc.
- Support key functions of the Environmental Health and Safety team including waste chemical management, fire suppression systems, alarms, sprinkler and boiler inspections, etc.
- Prepare Statements of Work, specify plans and requirements and act as Project Manager for new building additions and renovations.
- Prepare capital equipment justifications for facility capital expenditures. Prepare and maintain budgets for utilities, equipment, grounds, facilities, grounds and safety.
- Manage a dedicated team of facility technicians and ensure work is scheduled and accomplished in a timely manner.
- Be able to lead continuous improvement project teams focused on Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), zero-downtime production at the lowest possible cost due to equipment up time and reliability.
- Project manager for all building additions, enhancements and new technology building automation systems. Responsible for all aspects of the project scope in conjunction with project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in facility management, business, information management, or engineering with a minimum of 9 years of related facilities experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.
- Experience with building automation / management systems
- Strong business skills and financial background to support Capital justification process, MBA preferred
- Experience with software tools, e.g. Maintenance Connection, Gensuite, S2, Trane Tracker, Honeywell Acselon, network monitoring devices, etc.
- Experience with HVAC, Refrigeration, closed loop glycol systems, liquid nitrogen, chambers, shakers, etc.
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) planning and execution
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.