Lead, FPGA Electrical Engineer
North Amityville, New York
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Electrical Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Good place to work, good co-workers. Location is good. Process optimization is a priority. Managers listen to good ideas. Many advancement opportunities.Electrical Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Title: Electrical Engineer - FPGA Designer
REQ ID: SAS2020-190545710
Location: Amityville, Long Island, New York
Are you ready to take your career to new heights by joining us as an FPGA Engineer at one of our Amityville, NY location?
Do you want to be part of a culture that values diverse ideas, perspectives, experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles?
L3Harris is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. We provide advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. We bring speed, innovation and flawless execution together with our commitment to make the world more secure. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries
- Design military electronic hardware including VHDL coded FPGA designs and high-speed digital designs.
- Take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical electronic warfare solutions that help protect war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies.
- Be a member of a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
We are a company on the move, with more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
- BS Degree in electrical/computer engineering and 9+ years of professional experience, OR, a Masters in electrical/computer engineering and 6+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years experience with and understanding of Altera or Xilinx FPGA architects
- 3+ years experience using Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator, Subversion, Python or Perl
- 2+ years of experience with Vivado or Quartus tool suite
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Thorough understanding of FPGA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces (DDRx)
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet)
- Experience designing 10G Ethernet based Network Interface Designs
- Experience with SoC (Kintex UltraScale/UltraScale+, Virtex UltraScale/UltraScale+, Zynq UltraScale)
- Experience designing with Northwest Logic Gen 3 PCIe and 3rd Party DDR3 cores
- Ability to write C++ and use Microsoft Visual Studio
- Ability to write Linux drivers
- Experience using DOORS, Crucible, Confluence, Linux O/S, GIT , Unix O/S
- Basic knowledge of computer network protocols
- Solid understanding of static timing analysis and the process by which timing closure is achieved in a design
- Experience integrating with HW/software and supporting the lab integration and complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.