L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are searching for a Shipfitter at ourNorfolk, VAlocation.
A current DoD Secret Clearance is required at time of hire.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Performing layout operations, fabricating complex fixtures and fittings, performing cutting operations using various setups and aligning parts in relation to fixed objects.
- Marking location of holes, inserts, weldments, and fixtures to be installed or removed, fit-up and make ready for welding, including chipping, beveling, hand-grinding and cleaning of surfaces to be welded.
- Performing post-weld clean-up of ship's structural repair areas and remove and reinstall tank access covers in support of other work.
- Interpreting blue prints, drawings and technical specifications.
- Assisting in mechanical evolutions as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of Shipfitter experience.
- Must be able to identify material requirements and specifications.
- Must possess training in Blueprint Reading, Layout Procedures, Drilling and Tapping and Removal and Installation of Shipboard Foundations.
- Additional training may be provided.
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts at NNSY if required.
- A current DoD Secret Clearance is required at time of hire.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.