Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Integrated Logistics Support and Configuration Management Specialist
Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20222202-77614
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Configuration Management Specialist
Job Code: CMP3
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
This role is combined Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Lead and Logistics Analyst. A successful candidate supports the design phase of a Navy System program to ensure a successful deployment of the system into operation and maintenance. Applies advanced logistics principles and methods to evaluate, plan, analyze and monitor the design, execution, feasibility and efficiency of systems, subsystems and equipment acquisitions. Defines and executes integrated logistics support programs for highly complex systems, subsystems and equipment acquisitions and develops detailed ILS requirements
- Lead the ILS Integrated Product Team (IPT), which includes a team of professionals responsible for logistics issues affecting technical publications, customer training, spares, provisioning, and support equipment
- Authoring various documents required by the program CDRL including:
- Integrated logistics support plan (ILSP)
- Maintenance planning document (MPD)
- Supportability analysis
- Obsolescence management plan
- Manage part obsolescence and diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages (DMSMS)
- Conducting equipment and support equipment sparing analyses
- Review and evaluate Navy system technical specifications, analyses, test processes/plans/procedures/results, IMS requirements, technical data packages for the determination of compliance with established logistics requirements and the methods required for sustainment.
- Interface with program office and external customers as needed concerning issues with navy maintenance and support.
- Coordinate logistics-related requirements with Systems Engineering
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical field and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written, oral, and team communication skills.
- Attend and participate in meetings with management and the customer, addressing items relating to ILS.
- Communicates effectively with management and customers on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring explanation or interpretation to understand and reach agreement
- Influences results relating to Integrated Logistics Support (ILS).
- Direct, develop and ensure established processes are followed to complete tasks. Identify problems and issues in straight forward situations. Work to achieve operational targets within job area
- Must be capable of performing independent research and development of CM/ILS documents, procedures and acquisition plans.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Logistics experience with Navy programs
- Experience with Logistics standards: GEIA-STD-0007-A, GEIA-HB-0007-A, DOD 4100.39-M, MIL-STD-1388-2B, and others.Logistic Data Products.
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.