Quality Assurance Inspector - Electrical
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Quality Assurance Inspector - Electrical
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector for our Norfolk, VA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Reporting to the Quality Manager on all matters relating to quality and quality assurance.
- Coordinate all aspects of quality associated with their specific area of responsibility.
- Promote quality into all aspects of their area of responsibility.
- Collect, store and analyze Objective Quality Evidence.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the QMS within their specific area of responsibility.
- Correspond with suppliers for all quality assurance issues or concerns within their specific area of responsibility.
- Conduct quality assurance checks, inspections and final product inspections.
- Ensure all aspects of the task Test and Inspections Plan (T&I Plan) are carried out and documented.
- Resolve quality issues which may arise between installation team members, sub-contractors, shipyard and government personnel when the issue is within their capabilitiy to respond to.
- Initiate corrective actions by issuing Corrective Action Requests (CARs) including when verbal customer complaints may occur.
- Ensure government and ship force personnel are notified of all required tests and inspections.
- Monitor all OQE while on site found in task Work Books.
- Must have HS Diploma/GED
- Completion of a formal resident trade school or apprentice program in electronics/electrical areas of expertise.
- Quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) programs and seven (7) years of experience in QA/QC inspections.
- Must be familiar with cable routing and connectorization requirements in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Must be able to obtain NAVSEA fiber Optic QA certification.
- Must have five (5) years waterfront AIT QA experience in an electrical/electronic inspection capacity.
- Must possess a Secret Secruity Clearance at the time of hire.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.