Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Field Technician C
Norfolk, Virginia; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Camden, New Jersey; Ayer, Massachusetts; Jacksonville, Florida; San Diego, California;Job ID IMS20211410-71028
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Job Code: FTSC
Job Location: Remote
Performs field service, installation, and commissioning activities at customer site locations during ship construction and post-delivery. Must be capable of working unsupervised. Performs troubleshooting activities at site locations during ship scheduled port visits or at sea to diagnose problems, determine appropriate resolution, and implements corrective actions. Performs engineering tasks as directed, to check the technical integrity and proper installation and commissioning of L-3 Power, Propulsion and Control systems. Provides training and instruction to customers on product operations. Performs other directed engineering tasks to facilitate proper service, installation, commissioning and customer satisfaction. Provides continuous, 24 hour by 7 day a week, support in response to customer calls for service. Other duties may be assigned by management to meet business needs. Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ability to install, commission and troubleshoot L-3 Henschel electrical control and propulsion systems.
- Ability to travel frequently (85% of the time) to destinations in the USA or overseas at very short notice to troubleshoot existing Marine control and propulsion systems.
- Must be able to make decisions with regards to completion of tasks and job methods and follow through with results of outcome.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with internal customers. Internal customers may include production, engineers, and management personnel.
- Ability to prioritize workload and shift work activities in order to meet business needs and department goals, and customer satisfaction.
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Technology or related field
- Two (2) years of direct experience within the marine service environment required
- This position requires the ability to travel 85% of the time
- Detailed knowledge of instrumentation and control systems for sensors, electronics, mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Capable of interpreting installation drawings, Interconnect Diagrams, assembly drawings, wire connection lists, etc. and to redline and update documentation as needed.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Security Clearance preferred
- Knowledge of computer and Programmable Logic Controller Systems
- Basic knowledge of ABS and Coast Guard Regulations
- Experience working on a shipyard
- Familiarity with shipboard communication systems and shipboard systems integration experience
- Military services/USCG/US Navy Veteran or experience preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.