Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20222302-77734
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Code: ETSB
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Focus on BFTT ISEA Support Facility specific tasks or activities that support design, implementation and/or administration of work procedures. Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled hand work. Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Skills are gained through on-the-job training work experience. The Engineering Technician will be based in Norfolk, VA, and provide fleet support in Virginia Beach. Minimal travel anticipated.
• Working knowledge of Ship drawings, blueprints, specifications
• Performs troubleshooting, test checks (continuity, etc.) reworks and modification changes requiring the same level of skills as defined in the classification.
• Fabricate and assemble all types of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical equipment, parts, materials, hardware, wire, wire bundles, printed wiring board assemblies, etc. and their associated equipment into subassemblies and complete assemblies.
• Harvest equipment from legacy systems.
• Performs cable removal and installation - pulling, cable termination, connector build on various types of cable. Cat-5, coax, multi-pin, DB style, etc. as assigned that is incremental to primary job duties or other assigned work that may be performed safely using commonly available tools.
• Drive company trucks to support ship of materials.
• Fully participate/engage in team meetings with a positive attitude.
• Has and will maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required.
• Requires minimal job knowledge/skills.
• The candidate will perform a variety of duties in and around company facilities, warehouse and testing facilities.
• The candidate will work closely with team members
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience
• Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly with interfaces in uniform and with engineers in other companies.
Preferred Additional Skills:
IR1006 Rev. 7/19 • Candidates should demonstrate a knowledge of shipbuilding construction methodology. They should be experienced in mil-spec hook up, testing, wire talking, and activation of equipment.
• Micro/Miniature experience is also preferred but not mandatory.
• Perform all basic tasks required in the electrical and electronic occupations such as soldering, and operation of wire, etc.
• This individual must have above average oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Microsoft Word, Office, and Excel
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.