Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20212004-59939
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electronics Technician
Job Code: ASSD
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Serves as Electronics Technician to fabricate, install, modify, test, repair, overhaul, and remove electronic equipment in compliance with shipboard drawings, technical guidance, testing procedure, and shipyard operating rules for maritime systems installations.
- Install, modify, test, repair, overhaul, and remove electronic and electrical equipment on US Navy ships
- Understand written and verbal instruction, specifications, drawings, and plans
- Building & testing ethernet, multipin connector, and fiber optic terminations
- Conduct test procedures to determine proper functioning of shipboard units
- Read and comprehend SID drawings, wire connection lists, and parts lists
- Testing cables using ohm & megger meters and properly document test results
- A minimum of four years of shipboard electronic technician experience in either the U.S. Navy or a ship repair facility to include the maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and repair of electronic and electrical equipment
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED, trade school, military, or industrial school in the electronic field
- Detailed knowledge of principles of electricity, electronics, and shop practices and techniques, including electrical and electronic circuitry
- Be proficient in using connector tools such as strippers, crimpers, insertion and extraction tools
- Be proficient in the use of test equipment, conduct J-standard soldering, conduct heliax cable termination, copper pin connector installation for cannon plugs, DB connectors, coaxial and triaxial cables, fiber optics (preferred), ST and multi-pin connectors and Category 5 and 6 ethernet termination and associated testing
- Must be a US Citizen and be eligible for a Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain access to shipyard and government installations
- Be familiar with NAVSEA Standard Items
- Up to 25% travel is required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.