DoD Skillbridge Electronics Technician Internship
Norfolk, Virginia; Jacksonville, FloridaJob ID IMS20212302-57034
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: DoD Skillbridge Electronics Technician
Job Location: Norfolk, VA or Jacksonville, FL
L3Harris’ DoD SkillBridge/Career Skills Program is connecting transitioning service members to career training opportunities within our organization. We will provide service members with valuable civilian work experience through industry specific training, certifications and on the job experience during their DoD Skillbridge/Career Skills Program to help them ready themselves for their next mission.
L3Harris aims to attract and retain veteran talent and to help bridge the gap between their military service and civilian careers within our organization. L3Harris is eager to share to our knowledge and experience with our service members.
Job Description: THIS IS A DOD SKILLBRIDGE OPPORTUNITY. Will learn to fabricate, install, modify, test, repair, overhaul, and remove electronic equipment in compliance with shipboard drawings, technical guidance, testing procedure, and shipyard operating rules for maritime systems installations.
Essential Functions and Competencies to be learned:
- Install, modify, test, repair, overhaul, and remove electronic and electrical equipment on US Navy ships
- Understand written and verbal instruction, specifications, drawings, and plans
- Building & testing ethernet, multipin connector, and fiber optic terminations
- Conduct test procedures to determine proper functioning of shipboard units
- Read and comprehend SID drawings, wire connection lists, and parts lists
- Testing cables using ohm & megger meters and properly document test results
- Use of test equipment, conduct J-standard soldering, conduct heliax cable termination, copper pin connector installation for cannon plugs, DB connectors, coaxial and triaxial cables, fiber optics (preferred), ST and multi-pin connectors and Category 5 and 6 ethernet termination and associated testing
- Secret Clearance is required
- Eligible for DoD Skillbridge/Career Skills Program
- Will be within last 180 days of active duty service upon start of program
- Candidate must have above average expertise in Microsoft Office applications particularly MS Power Point, MS Excel and MS Word (e.g. development of forms)
- Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with MS Office suite to include Access and Project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and writing skills are critical
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Exposure to Navy shipboard electrical systems
- Use of standard electrical/electronic hand tools
- Familiar with NAVSEA standards
- Exposure to test equipment, conduct J-standard soldering, conduct heliax cable termination, copper pin connector installation for cannon plugs, DB connectors, coaxial and triaxial cables, fiber optics (preferred), ST and multi-pin connectors and Category 5 and 6 ethernet termination and associated testing
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.