Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Program Management - West Coast
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20221905-82648
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Performs Leadership, Advanced Planning/Forecasting, Resource Definition, and Business Development of a specific Business Area with multiple Departments, Functions, Customers, and Programs; Supervises Program Managers performing Technical, Financial, Administrative and Growth management.
• Provides guidance on program pursuits, contract set-up and program organization, and employee career improvement. Ensures department expense budgets are managed and programs are performed profitably to meet or exceed financial expectations.
Advanced Planning and Forecasting
• Provides financial forecasting of current and future programs; provides estimates or internal investments in company capabilities and recommendations for Capital Expense items.
• Determines the quantity and labor category of personnel required within each department under his/her control to adequately and efficiently execute assigned programs and functions. Interface with Administrative/Common business functional directors and managers to ensure adequate common resources are readied to support supervised program needs.
• Provides recommendations and participates in bid/no-bid decisions; provides High-level Business Development guidance as well as proposal planning and reviews; ensures adequate resources are assigned to proposal preparation and discussion responses.
Program Management Supervision
• Reviews program and department performance, and provides guidance of business emphasis areas, project management, process improvement to ensure customer satisfaction. Monitors customer evaluations and responses and recommends actions for company improvement. Routinely meets with PMs to perform internal program reviews of their responsibilities (below).
Technical Management Responsibilities
• Provide guidance and assistance to technical project managers and supervisors in the identification and resolution of Program technical issues.
• Identify Program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and assign project managers and/or supervisors to implement the WBS.
• Perform manpower and other Program resource planning/scheduling
• Perform analysis of manpower requirements and ensure that qualified employees and/or subcontractors (if applicable) are available to meet Program schedules.
Financial Management Responsibilities
• Track Program funded, ceiling and expended budgets
• Develop and/or review and approve estimates for additional Program funding/ceiling
• Verify costs posted against the Program
• Develop and submit current and projected Financial reports in accordance with Corporate and program requirements
Administrative Management Responsibilities
• Ensure that corporate policies and procedures for ethics, quality assurance, timekeeping, and Environmental Health & Safety are implemented throughout the Program.
• Provide evaluation, discipline and counseling to Program employees in accordance with Corporate Human Resources policies.
• Ensure personnel qualification databases are kept up-to-date.
Growth Management Responsibilities
• Develop strategies and tactics to apply Corporate and Division capabilities in support of Program’s un-met needs/requirements.
• Identify new Programs / Customers and participate in business development efforts to win related contracts.
• Actively pursue business relationships with companies located within the manager’s geographic area, particularly small businesses.
• Join and actively participate in industry organizations at both the national and local level; examples include American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE), Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), Southeastern New England Defense Industry Alliance (SENEDIA), Port of San Diego Ship Repair Association (PSDSRA),etc.
• Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Business, Engineering or a Technical field, or equivalent technical training and experience.
• Thorough knowledge of company’s policies, procedures, and processes. Knowledge of a specific company Business Area; understanding of current customer’s organization and acquisition approach.
• Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in program management with competitive proposal development and management experience in DoD programs including customer acquisition policy/procedures, program execution, and customer’s technology knowledge areas
• Moderate travel required to support customer visits and company operational sites
• Must have current Secret clearance, TS/SCI preferred
The successful candidate should have relevant experience and a track record of performance winning competitive business opportunities on US Navy programs as the Prime or Major Subcontractor. The position requires demonstrated customer interface skills, strong interpersonal communications skills and the ability to create and independently carry through on a strategic business plan. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to help grow our business. Experience managing large scale system integration and DoD programs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in pursuit and capture of new business, especially systems integration programs
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- US Citizenship required
- Minimum 10% travel
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.