Alteration Installation Technician (AIT) Lead
Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20211703-58251
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Shipboard Alteration Installation Team (AIT) Leader
Job Code: FTSD
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Serves as Shipboard Alteration Installation Team (AIT) Leader, manages labor force, and supervises the documentation and upkeep of Quality Assurance Workbooks, shipboard hinderances, production logs, and timesheets. Manages personnel in the installation of fiber optic, electrical systems, and equipment in support of ship maritime systems installations. Leads personnel in fabricating, installing, and repairing electronic, mechanical, and other types of components and equipment. Ensures strict compliance with shipboard drawings, technical guidance, testing procedures of installed systems, and shipyard operating rules.
- Reading and interpreting Shipboard Installation Drawings
- Skilled and familiar with Naval Cableway Management under MIL-STD-2003 and NAVSEAINST.9304.1D Cableway Management Systems
- Strong knowledge and experience of Maritime electrical systems and structural components, WAF/Tag-Out guidelines, and professional standards
- Installing fiber optic, electrical and electronic parts, including hardware in housings or assemblies
- Ability to lead high performing teams of various skill positions to include: Electricians, Engineering Technicians, Mechanics, Welders, Shipfitters, Subcontractors, and Laborers
- Submit daily reports, maintain timesheets, complete Conditions Found Reports (CFRs), make recommendations for Liaison Action Reports (LARs), maintain inventory and accountability of installation material, tools, and test equipment
- Interface with Customer On-site Installation Coordinators
- Minimum of 8 years of surface shipboard installation experience is required
- Five (5) of the eight (8) years must involve managing shipboard or submarine installations at the deck-plate level
- Must have Five (5) or more years of directly managing personnel
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain access to Shipyard and Government installations
- Must be Cableway inspector certified
- Multi-pin Connector certification is preferred
- Fiber optic handling and terminating certification is preferred
- Proficient in handling and termination of CAT6 cable
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel, and Office to develop and update schedules and cost requirements
- Familiar with NAVSEA MIL-STD-2042, Fiber Optic Cable Topology Installation Standard Methods for Naval Ships
- Familiar with NAVSEA Standard Items
- Up to 25% travel is required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.