$2000 Sign On Bonus -Electrician
Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20212004-59942
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are searching for an Electrician at our Norfolk, VA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Possessing knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to install, modify, fabricate, and repair ships electrical, control, and instrumentation systems.
- Installing wireways, cable racks, and associated cabling to interconnect ships power, communications, lighting, fire control, instrumentation and other electrical systems.
- Installing cabinets, enclosures, controllers consoles and other electrical equipment as integral parts of ship systems.
- Repairing or replacing damaged electrical components/assemblies.
- Troubleshooting faulty systems/circuitry to identify problem areas and initiates action to commence repairs.
- Reading blueprints, technical manuals and test procedures.
- Using analog multimeters for voltage verifications and resistance readings.
- Utilizing insulation resistance meters, clamp-on ammeters and temperature meters.
- Operating basic hand tools as well as power tools such as grinders and drill motors.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years shipboard electrical experience.
- High School Diploma/Vocational School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) Certificate.
- NAVSEA Standard Item 009-73 connector certification is preferred to include high-density multi pin connectorization experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain or possess a Secret Clearance.
- Must be willing to travel 60% of time both CONUS and OCONUS
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.