$2000 Sign On Bonus - 1st Class Electrician
Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20212004-59937
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Electrician 1st Class
Offering $2000 Sign On Bonuses
We are searching for an Electrician at our Norfolk, VA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Connecting, installing, and removing wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ships utilizing blueprints, wiring diagrams, and test equipment.
- Coordinating and directing subordinates in the completion of one or more assigned tasks, provide timely feedback to the Lead or Task Supervisor regarding milestones in the project schedule; communicating verbally or in writing all deviations identified in the specified scope of work.
- Installing cables in the overhead and underneath false decks according to work specifications.
- Hooking up lighting, power, fuse panels, controllers and connection boxes including troubleshooting and repairing simple and complex circuits.
- Testing equipment to properly identify voltage, ring-out and troubleshoot cables and equipment and determining cable routing and overcrowded transits prior to installation.
- Determining the kind and quantity of materials required to accomplish the work without undue waste.
- Effectively communicating with other trades to coordinate scheduled work; ensure all work activities by subordinates is performed in accordance with safety, quality, and industrial standards.
- Mastery of blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and symbols.
- Thorough understanding in electrical installation standards, processes and materials - EPISM.
- Experienced in the opening, packing, closing, and testing of MCT's / MCP's.
- Must be able to hookup simple and complex circuits to include the use of shielded cables.
- Experience in the hookup of transformers, lighting and distribution panels, switchboards, fuse boxes, connection boxes, controllers, receptacles, lighting fixtures, and other electrical and electronic equipment.
- Must understand cable tagging requirements and wire marking terminology. Experienced in the use of test equipment required in order to test and repair electrical and electronic systems.
- Experienced in the grounding and bonding of electrical equipment.
- Must be 18 or older and US Citizen.
- High School diploma or GED
- VSRA Safety Training; OSHA 10 Hour Training
- US Navy Electrical / Electronic A or C schools or equivalent electrical trade schools preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.