$1000 Sign On Bonus - 2nd Class Electrician
Norfolk, VirginiaJob ID IMS20212004-59938
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Electrician 2nd Class
Offering $1000 sign on bonuses
We are searching for an Electrician2nd Class at our Norfolk, VA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Connecting, installing, and removing wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ships utilizing blueprints, wiring diagrams, and test equipment.
- Installing cables in the overhead and underneath false decks according to work specifications.
- Troubleshooting and repairing simple circuits.
- Understanding electrical terms, definitions, abbreviations, and ship's layout.
- Showing familiarity with standard work practices and the safety rules and regulations that apply to the work at hand.
- Hooking up lighting, power, and fuse panels; controllers and connection boxes.
- Use of test equipment to properly to identify voltage, ring-out and troubleshoot cables and equipment.
- Determining cable routing and overcrowded transits prior to installation.
- Effectively utilizing workers assigned to accomplish tasks and work with little supervision from the Electrician 1st Class and Leadperson.
- Determining the kind and quantity of materials required to accomplish the work without undue waste.
- Performing other related duties as assigned and be able to fulfill job requirements as directed by management.
- Must have a thorough understanding in electrical installation standards, processes and materials - EPISM.
- Must be experienced in the opening, packing, closing, and testing of MCT's / MCP's.
- Must be able to hookup simple circuits to include the use of shielded cables.
- Experienced in the hookup of transformers, lighting and distribution panels, switchboards, fuse boxes, connection boxes, controllers, receptacles, lighting fixtures, and other electrical and electronic equipment.
- Must understand cable tagging requirements and wire marking terminology.
- Experienced in the use of test equipment required in order to test and repair electrical and electronic systems.
- Experienced in the grounding and bonding of electrical equipment.
- Must possess an understanding of the requirements for the isolation and tag-out of electrical and electronic systems in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Experienced in the banding of cables according to plans and industry standards.
- 18 or older, and US Citizen
- Drug screen and Background Investigation required.
- Must possess a high school diploma/GED.
- US Navy Electronic A or C schools or equivalent electrical trade schools preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.