Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering - RF Integration & Test Engineer (ability to obtain Interim Secret)
New York, New York; New City, New York; Brooklyn, New York; New York; Newark, New Jersey; Clifton, New Jersey; New JerseyJob ID SAS20222203-79078
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering - RF Integration & Test Engineer (ability to obtain Interim Secret)
Job Code: SAS20222203-79078
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
As the Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering - RF Integration & Test Engineer you will be responsible for evaluating and integrating electronic equipment, electronic parts, components, and/or integrated circuitry for complex, high performance hardware systems. You will also be responsible for analyzing equipment to establish operating data, conducting experimental tests, and evaluating results.
The Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering - RF Integration & Test Engineer will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability and be able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and/or sustainability. The primary area of focus for this role is on Radio Frequency (RF) hardware utilized in Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Ability to understand electrical requirements, develop test plans and architect test fixtures / setups
- Contribute to design engineering reviews to improve test coverage and vertical testability
- Provide engineering production support for RF and mixed signal circuit cards and modules
- Coordinate with Systems Engineering Integration & Test Team and Operations staff to resolve production issues and reduce cycle time
- Evaluate component change requests to resolve obsolescence issues
- Manage relationships with vendors/suppliers executing build-to-spec or build-to-print contract
- Develop test specifications and execute design verification tests for developmental and production hardware
- Implement statistical process controls over RF build, test, and alignment activities
- Create and update manufacturing test procedures for RF and mixed signal circuit cards and modules
- Oversee and mentor junior Engineers to review technical work and provide guidance where needed
- Automate RF test and measurement setups for developmental environments
- Write and support LabVIEW code to control COTS instruments and custom hardware via serial and parallel interfaces
- Participate in test engineering steering committee to ensure adoption of best practices in software development
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret Security Clearance; US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience - OR - Graduate Degree with 4+ years relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of key RF parameters (phase, bandwidth, gain compression, intermodulation distortion, noise figure, spurious emissions, etc.)
- Familiarity with high speed digital and RF test equipment (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscope, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with RF test fixture design and calibration
- Understanding of measurement uncertainty and repeatability, and how to translate these concepts into test equipment requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Effective communication skills in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with OSHA requirements and ESD best practices
- Exposure to both PCB and chip / wire circuit construction
- Experience with GaN Solid State Power Amplifiers
- Familiarity with advanced RF test equipment (NVNAs, Load-Pull equipment)
- Experience with initial design and development of LabVIEW SW for RF/Microwave/Digital/Analog Instrument Control
- Experience developing LabVIEW Instrument Device Drivers
- Exposure to RF simulator file formats (.snp, .p2d, etc.) and ability to create models from measured data
- Ability to automate data reduction and analysis with scripting languages (VBA, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with LabVIEW FPGA and RT Module preferred Ability to train and support test technicians in the alignment and troubleshooting of complex microwave assemblies
- Solid fundamentals in Electrical Engineering (ability to troubleshoot assemblies down to the component level)
- Experience leading complex root cause analysis and/or corrective action analysis
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.