Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Nellis Air Force Base, NevadaJob ID AS20211006-62601
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Cyber Intelligence (ISSO)
Job Code: AS20211006-62601
Job Location: Nellis AFB, Nevada
This position is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) at the L3Harris Military Training (MT) facility at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. The ISSO is responsible for the Cybersecurity program under the supervision of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to): The National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), ICDs/DCIDs and other related documentation e.g. Baseline Technical Security Configuration Standards, DCSA Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM), NIST & STIG Guidelines as well as customer/contract specific Cybersecurity regulations. The ISSO is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Information System Security policies, strategies, procedures and settings within the MT classified environment.
Components of the Cyber program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting internal self-inspections, audit reviews and delivering information systems security education and awareness training. This includes the review and monitoring of System Security Plans, Information System Profiles, network System Security Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, POA&Ms and related addendums/attachments. This position will also be responsible for conducting and or assisting with investigations related to any information systems security violation involving classified information. This position interfaces with other MT Cyber team members, other security disciplines (e.g. Industrial Security and Special Programs Security, etc.), System Administrators, program personnel and USG security representatives.
- Assist program personnel at offsite locations to ensure they meet USG certification requirements and are properly trained to execute the cybersecurity program effectively and maintain security compliance
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and possesses good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Confident personality with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
- Candidate must have demonstrated professional customer service skills
- Ability to balance information security requirements with MT’s mission, goals and culture is critical
- In-depth knowledge and experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security; experience configuring Windows operating systems, experience with server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization and other related peripherals
- Extensive knowledge and experience with certification/authorization requirements as outlined in the NISPOM, RMF, ICD 503/DCID, JSIG, NIST RMF & STIG and other USG IS/Security-related policies
- Knowledge and experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, Unix systems
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Government, and Contractor connections)
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans (NSP), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
Experience in implementing Windows Active Directory Services, Group Policy, or Linux LDAP Services.
- Applied experience with Windows PowerShell and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
Certification and Clearance Requirements:
- Candidate must provide evidence of DoD 8570 compliant: CISSP, GSLC CASP+, CISM, Sec+ and/or other equivalent Security IAM/IAT II Certification or obtain requisite certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required, and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.