L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders and customers across the organization to determine the product vision, strategy, features and prioritization
- Develops, owns, and executes the product roadmap
- Prioritizes and maintains the Product backlog, balancing and maintain the requirements of stakeholders
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology
- Works towards the successful delivery of software or systems products with a team, keeping quality a high focus in an Agile environment
- Works to effectively bridge the requirements gap between the members of the team, technical and non-technical
- Ability to facilitate meetings and focus on collaboration to gain a strong understanding of what is needed to satisfy customer requirements and to create clear user stories
- Ability to analyze and decompose requirements and understand how to write those requirements into actionable user stories for the scrum team
- Assist in writing technical requirements documentation that will be delivered as part of a contract
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written with stakeholders at varying technical levels
- Work with key stakeholders to help identify how to validate requirements and user stories as well as document those validations
- Coming to work with a can-do, get things done attitude necessary to maintain our awesome culture
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Proven background of delivering quality requirements and seeing deliverables through to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field with 4 years minimum prior related experience working as a Business Analyst, Product Owner or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience working with Department of Defense customers, hardware and software integration, or installation/maintenance of avionics systems
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Familiar with Enterprise Linux or Embedded Linux (Wind River)
- Work experience following Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) Conformance highly desired
- Work experience following highly regulated guidelines, such as DO-178 or other conformance standards highly desired
- Work experience with Mission Management Systems and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) highly desired
- Understands Aircraft Configurations (hardware) and its interactions with software
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Strong presentation skills
- Practical understanding of requirements of engineering practices for solicitation of information and derivation of requirements
- Ability to utilize multiple desktop publishing and still-image editing programs
- Highly proficient grammatical skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks and assignments
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Good critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good customer relations skills and the ability to build relationships
- Capable of effective time management
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a changing environment and requirements
- Ability to deconstruct ambiguous requirements
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.