Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist , Systems Engineering (Modeling and Simulation)
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20212907-66382
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Engineer – Specialist System Engineering (Modeling and Simulation Specialist)
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic, and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. ISR Systems Segment is one of three L3Harris business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
Duties include performing as part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne ISR and communication platforms.
- Develop system models using MBSE principles and toolsets for use in multi-domain operational scenarios
- Integrate Cameo models with higher-level simulations executed in AFSIM, STK, and MATLAB
- Architect operational scenarios for mission level MS&A studies
- Conduct modeling, simulation, and analysis in areas such as operational mission scenarios, maneuvers, and situational awareness
- Scope M&S architecture to include cloud based computing, physical integration labs, and virtualization to develop approach
- Provide technical expertise in the modeling and analysis of military vehicle systems and their broader system-of-systems architectures
- Conduct trade studies and comparative performance assessments of system and architecture alternatives to inform customer investment decisions/recommendations
- Development of virtual vehicle and subsystem models
- Perform hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- Support programs and pursuits by creating models, simulations, and analysis products
- Execute MS&A to support design validation and mission benefit analyses
- Develop new models and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses
- Support the development of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.) and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment with the ability to lead small test teams through an entire build cycle
- Expert knowledge and use of SysML
- Expert knowledge and use of Cameo, Rhapsody, or other SysML modeling tool
- Direct experience in M&S/ Analysis methodologies and tools/standards (such as MATLAB or STK or AFSIM or DIS or HLA, etc.)
- Systems Engineering Life Cycle Management
- Knowledge of the AFSIM military operations, strategy and tactics simulation framework
- Active security clearance (or ability to acquire)
- Design and integration of aircraft subsystems
- Experience with MOSA and Open standards
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship. An active DOD Secret or higher clearance is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.