Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Program Scheduler - Master Scheduler
Nashville, TennesseeJob ID IMS20221409-90432
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist Program Scheduler - Master Scheduler
Job Code: IMS20221409-90432
Job Location: Nashville, TN
L3Harris, ForceX division is an industry leader specializing in Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) software development and geospatial application technology programs. Our tightly integrated hardware and software solutions enables front-line special operations aviators to save lives by allowing aircrew members to operate efficiently when protecting friendly ground forces. We are the Trusted Choice of End-Users in the Special Operations Aviation Community. Working at L3Harris ForceX puts you at the forefront of ongoing advancements in an exciting industry and makes you a valued contributor toward changing the way people interact with technology. We believe success comes from teamwork, enthusiasm and striving for excellence.
Located in the vibrant West End area of Nashville, Tennessee near the University of Vanderbilt campus and Centennial Park, L3Harris ForceX is more than just a place to work. We are excited to offer an exceptional, comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits package which includes company paid life insurance, and a 9/80 work schedule. We enjoy a culture of dedication, innovation and creativity where we approach work with a positive outlook every day, while at the same time, integrating and engineering software that interfaces with some of the newest and coolest hardware on the planet
Duties include managing the development and maintenance of complex program schedules including resource loading and Earned Value Analysis. Individual will help develop the format, tools and tracking/reporting methods to be used as the company refines its Program Planning and Scheduling processes for standardization and enterprise wide resource management. This position also supports the programs in developing plans and integrating inputs from all programs. Qualified candidates will interface with all elements of the program team to develop and support regular maintenance of the program IMS.
Candidate will perform schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Develops and maintains plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines. May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews.
- Work with Program Management Office to develop tools and techniques for the creation of standard Integrated Master Schedules that will include standard phases and gates, contract data requirements, materials detail, linkage to a standard work breakdown structure, resource loading, and the capability to perform earned value analysis on complex development programs as well as production programs.
- Perform regular analysis of program schedules to evaluate program and enterprise wide resource needs through the integration of all program schedules including metrics on schedule status, critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis, network logic validation and program baseline maintenance including support of Earned Value Management performance metrics.
- Develop integrated master schedules using SOW and WBS.
- Assist in schedule audits to ensure schedules are being properly maintained and updated by the project teams.
- Analyze and review subcontractor schedules and link subordinate schedules to the project schedule; analyze schedule for project critical path and advise management of changes to the critical path and projected milestone achievement performance.
- Coordinate with Control Account Managers (CAM) and cross functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) members in the development, maintenance, and analysis of work package schedules.
- Perform audits of schedules for performance to plan variance and support corrective action to improve scheduling and planning processes.
- Work within a team environment to provide insights into program scheduling trends and best practices to assist program teams with formulating achievable program schedules
- Perform Monte Carlo Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) on key programs as part of standard work
- Manage Risk and Opportunity in the IMS
- End-to-end ownership of maintenance and coordination of schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the IMS, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
- Must be able to identify and recommend insightful mitigation plans, to ensure the IMS is used as a predictive model and remains a valued management tool for the program.
- Utilizes Earned Value Management System processes in variance analysis, risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Simultaneously support multiple programs of varying complexity as well as ongoing proposal efforts.
- Develops process improvements to achieve program goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 4 years planning experience in a DoD environment or 2 years minimum related experience with Master’s degree. Will accept minimum of 13 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated Experience on programs with responsibility for development and execution of the IMS, including setup, baseline management and update/maintenance, schedule analysis, critical path analysis, SRAs, and CDRL deliveries.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Experience with schedule health metrics (e.g. DCMA 14 point check) and Schedule Metric Analysis – such as BEI, CPLI, SPI, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Prior Experience in engineering and operations/manufacturing environment. Military contractor / Defense industry background is preferred
- Knowledge of EVMS Guidelines (EIA 748-D), Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD), and Integrated Program Management Data Analysys Report (IPMDAR) strongly desired
- Experience with subcontractors schedule integration
- Skills in the use of Deltek Cobra strongly desired
- Experience with DCMA Earned Value (EV) Audits
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, and PowerPoint
- Able to work within tight deadlines and multi-task various projects in an organized manner required
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality of product deliverables
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.