Software Engineer (New Grad- Nashville, TN)
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Engineer (New Grad – Nashville, TN)
Job Code: IMS20202307-48259
Job Location: Nashville, TN
- At L3Harris ForceX, a Software Engineer participates in the planning, design, implementation, verification, deployment, and support activities for custom software components and applications for geospatial application technology programs.
- The objective of the Engineer is to interact directly with the engineering team, as well as program management staff as necessary, to analyze and understand requirements then assist in translating requirements into appropriate technical designs.
- Software Engineers will be given a software development project to design custom software to complete an end product as a product team. Learn and use Scrum/Agile methodologies to create the software.
- Apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application
- Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
- Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of embedded software for real-time control of advanced tactical radio equipment
- Develop software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results
- Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
- Utilize a variety of software languages (i.e., C++, C#, C, Java, Ruby, HTML5, XML, SQL, Perl, Python, Ajax, Qt) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems (VxWorks, Linux, QNX, Integrity, Windows CE, and others for Motorola, Intel, TI, and custom processor designs)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Demonstrated experience developing in C#, C++, or Java
- Ability to understand, edit and update existing code
- Knowledge and experience working with best practices with software design, programming, testing and debugging
- A strong understanding of object oriented programming
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit