Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Program Finance Specialist
Nashville, TennesseeJob ID IMS20221208-88626
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for performing various analyses on proposals, contracts and programs. This role is involved in supporting all phases of a contract, from proposal preparation through contract closeout. In addition, the analyst will be responsible for development and distribution of all financial reports to stakeholders throughout the organization. The analyst must also understand the requirements of their internal customers and provide useful, timely data to assist in the decision-making process. The Financial Analyst, Specialist Level is a seasoned and experienced professional with proficient job area knowledge and practical knowledge of project management, managing projects and processes under general supervision to achieve operational targets with moderate impact on departmental results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides financial analysis on programs (External/IR&D), including actuals, estimate to complete (ETC), estimate at complete (EAC) and Earned Value (EV) based on inputs from the program team for regularly occurring program reviews.
- Monitors, analyzes, estimates and reports cost and schedule performance against baseline.
- Prices proposals ranging in size and complexity, adding strategic value beyond the numbers themselves.
- Converts cost proposals to contract budgets and performs financial budget tracking for contracts.
- Participates in the bid process, by assisting program management & project engineering in establishing the cost accounts and earned value criteria for the program.
- Ensures that actual cost reported agree to the general ledger and that all estimates provided by other functional organizations are properly supported.
- Maintains current, accurate and complete files, which support the financial baselines being reported, including the quad chart content.
- Adheres to L3Harris Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFRs) for applicable cycles (EAC, Revenue, etc.) as well as L3Harris Corporate Accounting Policies.
- Recommends and implements process improvements with regard to financial analysis and financial reporting.
- Ad hoc analysis may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field with 4 years minimum prior of relevant work experience, or Graduate Degree with minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficient in MS Office
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Expert level Excel skills highly desirable
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint (ERP) and Deltek Cobra highly desirable
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of financial analysis and contract support.
- Highly proficient written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks and assignments.
- Desire to work with a can-do, get things done attitude necessary to maintain our awesome culture.
- Able to meet schedules and time frames consistently.
- Forward thinking and proactive, with the ability to anticipate the needs of Management.
- Challenge the status quo when appropriate, and keep the best interests of L3Harris at the center of conclusions.
- Possess a solid fundamental understanding of the outputs, specifically being able to communicate the logic to management as it applies to variances.
- Have the ability to understand the requirements of their internal customers and provide useful, timely data to assist in the decision-making process.
- Ability to maintain composure and a professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to focus on details with regard to procedure and workflow.
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively (both writing and verbally) with other departments and customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with coworkers in other departments.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize workload, and meet strict deadlines.
- Able to think rationally, make independent decisions and understand the impact of an error in judgment.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
Personal Protective Equipment:
- As required by program needs
- Work performed in an office environment with others in close proximity
- Working with computers, and other computer components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, weekends, holiday)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.