Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Software Engineer
Nashville, TennesseeJob ID IMS20222206-84901
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris, ForceX division is an industry leader specializing in Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) software development and geospatial application technology programs. Our tightly integrated hardware and software solutions enables front-line special operations aviators to save lives by allowing aircrew members to operate efficiently when protecting friendly ground forces. We are the Trusted Choice of End-Users in the Special Operations Aviation Community. Working at L3Harris ForceX puts you at the forefront of ongoing advancements in an exciting industry and makes you a valued contributor toward changing the way people interact with technology. We believe success comes from teamwork, enthusiasm and striving for excellence. Located in the vibrant West End area of Nashville, Tennessee near the University of Vanderbilt campus and Centennial Park, L3Harris ForceX is more than just a place to work. We are excited to offer an exceptional, comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits package which includes company paid life insurance, unlimited paid time off, 11 paid holidays, flexible work hours (6:30 am to 7 pm) and a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off. In addition, we also enjoy free lunch on-site three days a week, access to our company suite at Bridgestone arena for concerts and sporting events, access to on-site gym, popping some popcorn for an afternoon snack, playing a friendly game of ping-pong, or perhaps designing something fun on the company 3-D printer, just to name a few. As you can see, we enjoy a culture of dedication, innovation and creativity where we approach work with a positive outlook every day, while at the same time, integrating and engineering software that interfaces with some of the newest and coolest hardware on the planet.
Lead C# Software Engineer
Join an exciting Nashville-based software development team on a program like no other.
Participate and contribute to planning, design, implementation, verification, deployment, and support activities for custom software components and applications. The application code is full stack ranging from common application UI to low level driver integration logic and near real-time data processing.
The Lead Software Engineer is a professional with proficient job area knowledge and a practical knowledge of project management, managing complex projects and processes with general supervision to achieve operational targets and goals with direct impact on team and departmental results. Higher level candidates will be expected to mentor junior team members.
You will love this particular mission and project. This position is not remote. We operate in a hybrid manner. Frequently, we will have opportunties to work from home. Must be able to show up on site in Nashville as needed.
A lead software engineer is a software engineer with 6 years of experience and a degree or equivalent related experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact directly with engineering team and program management staff to analyze and understand requirements
- Manage complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Translate requirements into appropriate technical designs
- Effectively present technical designs to software engineering, program management, and other team members
- Implement requirements into software components and applications according to technical design
- Unit and component test software components and applications to ensure quality of deliverables
- Provide input and effort for the technical verification of all technical, functional and corporate requirements prior to delivery of software components and applications
- Investigate and address requirement violations in functional testing and production software as needed
- Track and report status of tasks, deliverables, and issues to software engineering team
- Adhere to corporate processes and standards for all activities and deliverables during all phases of involvement in the software development life cycle
- Effectively manage multiple task assignments
- Mentor less experienced team members as appropriate
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
- The role of “senior specialist” in L3Harris signifies the fourth professional level of Software Engineering roles. You are expected to work under general supervision and to mentor junior roles.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of relevant technologies, software development methodologies, and programming languages
- Proficient knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of object-oriented design/development in a real-time environment
- Proficient understanding of regulatory standards impact on software development
- Proficient knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of software unit, component, and integration testing
- Proficient knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of source code management and defect tracking
- Ability to effectively utilize both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify complex problems and provide multiple solutions
- Ability to understand, create, and communicate complex design specifications
- Ability to quickly and effectively breakdown assignments into work tasks and provide effort and schedule estimates and successfully achieve them
- Ability to use judgment and logic in decision-making considering relative to costs and benefits of potential actions
- Ability to promote a corporate ethics and exhibit a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the organization
- Understanding and ability to implement Agile and Scrum methodologies, valuing procedures principles.
- Ability to work in a team environment and highly effective at collaboration.
- Experience with C# and Visual Studio required (Java experience a potential substitute)
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance, which requires US citizenship
Education and Experience:
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- The role of “specialist” in L3Harris signifies practical knowledge that is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of prior related experience or a Graduate degree and 4 years of prior related experience.
- Skills speak louder than diplomas. We are looking for software development performance indicators. If you do not have the necessary education or the experience but you believe you have the skills, please apply.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- C# in .NET 4;
- WPF for the user interface;
- Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control;
- Debugging networking using Wireshark;
- MVC / MVVM design patterns;
- Service-Oriented Architecture;
- Some familiarity with SQL databases, EntityFramework with LINQ;
- Familiarity with Link 16 and ForceX mission management systems;
- Multi-threaded Architecture;
- Configuration Management
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
Personal Protective Equipment:
- As required by program needs.
- Work performed in an office environment with people close to each other
- Working with computers, and other computer components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Includes opportunities to work from home
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.