Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Information Security Systems Engineer, Senior Specialist
Nashville, TennesseeJob ID IMS20220408-88089
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3 Harris Division ForceX is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) in support of Department of Defense and National Security programs. The ISSE will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Information Systems Security Manager at the customer location. The selected candidate will work with the program team and government customers to determine and develop an approach to information system security solutions to meet contractual security requirements. The position requires strong critical thinking, analytical skills, attention to detail, creativity, and a sustained commitment to excellence and quality. The Information Systems Security Engineer, Senior Specialist Level is a senior professional with strong job area knowledge and broad knowledge of project management, managing complex projects and processes with general oversight to achieve operational targets and goals with direct impact on departmental results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ISSE will be responsible to create and provide the government ISSM with the program System Security Plan (SSP), Continuous monitoring plan, Security Assessment Report, Privileged User's Guide, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and other Risk Management Framework (RMF) security documentation
- The ISSE will be responsible for notifying the project team of appropriate security measures, identifying potential security weaknesses, recommending improvements to address vulnerabilities, and monitoring system security.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or related technical field with 6 years minimum prior related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Prior experience developing and updating Certification and Accreditation documentation and system authorization artifacts under the Risk Management Framework (CNSSI 1253/NIST 800-53, etc.) or previous C&A frameworks such as DIACAP/NIACAP/DSS ISFO and NISPOM Chapter 8
- Experience with DoD STIG’s, CIS Benchmarks, NESSUS, SCAP, ACAS, or other related hardening and compliance assessment tools to oversee the implementation and enforcement of security policies
- Experience with Windows and Linux client/server security administration and the underlying technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, and the security subsystem (IA&A)
- Experience in evaluating hardware security such as Trusted Platform features, EEFI/BIOS security, and sanitization measures
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in information assurance or security
- Minimum 3 year of experience with RMF/DIACAP/NISPOM
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidate must possess a Secret Security clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Strong knowledge of security measures, potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, documentation and system security recommendations
- Excellent observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring creative solutions to the customer (instead of problems)
- Ability to stay disciplined and focused on high-priority tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be productive and effective working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Desire to work with a can-do attitude necessary to maintain the company’s awesome culture
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude
- Required to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May be required to lift/move up to 25 lbs., with assistance
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
- Work performed in an office environment
- Working with computers and other computer and hardware components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Possible travel and work OCONUS (program specific)
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.