L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Summary: L3Harris ForceX is an Agile organization with a focus on continuous improvement seeking to add qualified candidates with an innovative and creative mindset to the team. The position will support multiple development efforts producing solutions for government and commercial airborne mission systems. As a member of the L3Harris team, you will apply a comprehensive knowledge of information technology, DevSecOps concepts, automation skills, operating system configuration management, continuous integration, and product delivery to increase software development efficiency, effectiveness, and quality. An ideal candidate for this role will have been someone who has worked as a developer and grew into a role supporting and administering a DevSecOps pipeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact directly with engineering teams, senior leadership and program management staff, and other stakeholders to enable resources to effectively address and understand team requirements
- Analyze the current L3Harris ForceX development environments to create and implement strategies to continue growth and maturity of capabilities across the organization.
- Identify training shortfalls, monitor, and coordinate professional development of the teams to include areas of scripting, programming, or other various knowledge areas.
- Author and review documentation, influence standardization concerning the development and maintenance of reusable components, software, custom automation frameworks, and scripts used in the development and testing environments.
- Orchestrate common strategies for deploying CI/CD pipelines and associated tooling used to increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review identified trends, verify root causes, troubleshoot, and develop strategic actions to resolve issues involving cross-functional teams.
- Effectively explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures of the job area to others within the organization.
- Develop strategies with the Architecture group to create and/or improve processes used by the Engineering and System Integration Lab (SIL) teams.
- Provide significant time or cost savings to teams by leveraging and implementing new and emerging technologies, certifications, and best practices into DevSecOps toolsets.
- Manage multiple task assignments and other corporate priorities.
- Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude.
- Effectively research, develop and foster strategies concerning integration of new technologies and tools into new and existing engineering opportunities.
- Architect, direct, and support the design, topology, and other improvements for development and testing environments.
- Design and/or introduce new processes or procedures to enhance the effectiveness of the development teams.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense for customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact, collaborate, and create solutions within the DevOps team, project teams, leadership, engineers, developers, IT and other supporting groups.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Ability to think through several steps: requirements, planning, preparation, resourcing, support, and implementation.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple work queues
- Process oriented with a focus on reusability
- Ability to work in a collaborative and creative environment
- Self-motivated with a willingness to tackle new ideas and concepts
- Moderate experience with a configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of continuous test with NUnit, MSTest and Coded UI or equivalent test frameworks
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of feature and defect management using VersionOne and its REST API is preferred
- Experience deploying software to embedded systems or IoT devices is preferred
- Strong knowledge of OS Configuration Management workflows, processes, and principles
- Strong knowledge of automation techniques, technologies, and approaches
- Strong knowledge of hardened DoD equipment and standard DoD hardening measures is optional
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, engineering or related technical field or a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience
- 5 years of experience administering Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Azure DevOps Server, GitLab, or other similar technologies
- 4 years of experience supporting Linux (RHEL, CentOS, etc.) and Windows (7/10, Server/SQL Server 12/16) environments
- 3 years of experience to at least 2 programming languages (C#, C/C++, Python, Java, Go, etc.)
- 3 years of experience with development tools for desktop and embedded applications such as Visual Studio (2015/2017/2019), MSBuild, CMake, and others
- 3 years of experience utilizing REST APIs
- 3 years of practical scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- 3 years of experience with Artifact Management tools such as Artifactory, Nexus, NuGet, NPM, Docker, etc
- 3 years of experience with virtualization, containerization, and Infrastructure as Code technology
- 2 years of experience with database systems to include NoSQL (MongoDB, etc.) and SQL administration
- Experience with the Microsoft .Net stack and C/C++ is preferred
- Experience in an agile software development environment is preferred
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be able to possess a Secret clearance
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work performed in an office environment with people in close proximity
- Duties may require working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Ability to sit at a desk, look at a monitor and type for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift/move up to 70 lbs
- Travel up to 10% of the time
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.