Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Associate, Software Quality Engineer (DoD Software Engineer SkillBridge/CSP)
Nashville, TennesseeJob ID IMS20220107-85980
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris SkillBridge DoD Program is connecting transitioning service members to career job training opportunities within our organization. We provide service members in gaining valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, fellowship, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of service.
L3Harris goal is to attract and retain veteran talent and to help bridge the gap between their military service and civilian careers within our organization. L3Harris are eager to share to our knowledge and experience to our service members that related to their military occupational codes they have acquired.
L3 Harris is actively seeking a service member for a Software Quality Engineer (DoD SkillBridge/ CSP) for our facility in Nashville, TN for an opportunity of employment subject to completing the SkillBridge DoD program.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for creating end-to-end test plans, executing the test plan, and managing all activities in the plan as part of and in conjunction with an Agile Scrum development team to ensure that all objectives are met and the software solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, stability, and compatibility with legacy and/or third party software and integrated external hardware.
The objective of the Analyst is to ensure that testing of every feature of the software solution and through every phase of development is well defined, planned, and executed. The work of the Analyst should inspire confidence that any potential issue has been identified and addressed prior to release of the software solution. The Quality Assurance Analyst, Senior Associate is an intermediate professional with practical job knowledge, working under moderate supervision to set objectives for the team and job area, achieving operational targets with impact on departmental results.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables;
- Identify test requirements from Conditions of Acceptance;
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts under guidance of more experienced Analyst(s);
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results;
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to Product Owners;
- Work with other QA project team members to assess QA progress and emergent risks;
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements via Functional and Regression Testing;
- Develop skills to isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes via Performance, Stress, Endurance, Exploratory, and Usability Testing;
- Engage as an active participant in Scrum ceremonies;
- Required to perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer software related field such as Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related technical field with 0-2 years minimum prior experience in Software Quality Assurance or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Must be eigible for DoD Skillbridge per DoD Instruction
- United States Citizenship required;
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile Scrum environment;
- Broad knowledge in basic networking principals.
- US Government security clearance;
- Experience in ISR systems.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
Personal Protective Equipment:
- As required by program needs
- Work performed in an office environment with people close to each other
- Working with computers, and other computer components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.