Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Associate Software Engineer
Nashville, TennesseeJob ID IMS20222306-85026
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Join us and be part of a team of software engineers who are working with purpose in a flexible environment that balances the delivery of interesting projects with personal growth and well-being. In this role, you will work to save lives by building the next generation of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance software, and aircraft system control software.
The Associate Software Engineer role will be a part of the product development group of the ForceX division of L3Harris in Nashville, Tennessee. The role is on a team that offers work flexibility while providing great opportunities to learn and grow your skills. The work involves development of a variety of software applications for use in a wide array of military aircraft.
The role involves participation in planning, design, implementation, verification, deployment, and support activities for custom software components and applications.
The Software Engineer, Associate Level is an entry-level professional with primarily theoretical knowledge, working under general direction and guidance within standard processes for non-routine tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact directly with engineering team, as well as program management staff as necessary, to analyze and understand requirements
- Assist in translating requirements into appropriate technical designs
- Present technical designs to software engineering team members
- Implement requirements into software components and applications according to technical design
- Unit and component test software components and applications to ensure quality of deliverables
- Assist in the technical verification of all technical, functional and corporate requirements prior to delivery of software components and applications
- Investigate and address requirement violations in functional testing and production software as needed
- Track and report status of tasks, deliverables, and issues to software engineering team
- Adhere to corporate processes and standards for all activities and deliverables during all phases of involvement in the software development life cycle
- Manage multiple task assignments
- Required to perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad theoretical knowledge of relevant technologies, software development methodologies, and programming languages
- Broad theoretical knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of object oriented design/development in a real-time environment
- Theoretical knowledge and understanding of regulatory standards impact on software development
- Broad theoretical knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of software unit, component, and integration testing
- Broad theoretical knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of source code management and defect tracking
- Ability to effectively utilize both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify complex problems and provide multiple solutions
- Ability to understand, create, and communicate complex design specifications
- Ability to quickly and effectively breakdown assignments into work tasks and provide effort and schedule estimates and successfully achieve them
- Ability to use judgment and logic in decision-making considering relative to costs and benefits of potential actions
- Ability to promote a corporate ethics and exhibit a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the organization
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance, which requires US citizenship
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of progressively advanced real-time object oriented commercial or government software development experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience developing software in C#
- Ability to understand and utilize UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
Personal Protective Equipment:
- As required by program needs
- Work performed in an office environment with people close to each other
- Working with computers, and other computer components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.