L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Chief Engineer - Ground Electronic Warfare
Requisition ID: SAS20210604-59210
Location: Nashua, NH
This position supports the Ground Electronic Warfare Business Area within the Tactical Missions Division and our DoD and Intelligence Community customers to advance our state of the art in systems supporting Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection and Electronic Support.
The Chief Engineer at the Nashua, NH site will serve as the innovation and technical execution leader responsible for flawless delivery of highly creative products and solutions in support of US National Security interests. The ideal individual will possess a strong understanding of multidisciplinary processes, principles, and techniques, and will have a proven track record of successful technical leadership. The Chief Engineer will be the lead Engineer in Nashua, responsible for insuring that Engineering resources are sufficient to meet business needs, and that processes presented by Engineering disciplines are sufficiently rigorous to support flawless project execution, while at the same time are sufficiently tailored to support a fast paced development environment. The successful candidate will drive technology innovation, drive execution excellence, and craft new development ideas. The Chief Engineer will work effectively with senior business leadership as well as program, technical, business development and R&D entities for developing technology strategy, supporting program needs, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and interfacing with customers.
Full time position in Nashua, NH. Position may require up to 20% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Experience working with US Government customers.
- 10 years of relevant experience in digital and RF system requirements development, analysis, design, integration, verification and test.
- Experience with rapid development of new cutting-edge Electronic Warfare and/or Signals Intelligence products while supporting existing product improvements; experience with communications and/or radar ECCM in lieu of EW experience but applicable to rapidly learning EW, will be considered.
- Cost account management (CAM) experience
- Familiarity with engineering processes with the ability to help tailor the process to fit the technical and business circumstances and ensure design defects are discovered early in the development process
- Active Secret clearance. Must qualify for Top Secret clearance.
- Graduate degree in Engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with industry and technology trends in ground EW electronic attack, protection and support technologies. Specific counter IED and/or counter UAS experience is a bonus.
- Familiarity with the oversight of the development and test of RF countermeasures techniques (any signal type)
- Familiarity with product platform concepts, design-to-cost (DTUPC), design for manufacturing (DFM), transition to manufacturing and product field support.
- Familiarity with Agile Development principles.
- Experience with COTS/Open-Architecture systems and familiarity with current and emerging open standards
- Familiarity with shipboard EW and/or navigation warfare is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Cyber-attack is a bonus.
- Active Top-Secret clearance
- Experience working in a fast-paced customer-centric Engineering organization
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment which includes working with remote sites, collaborating with internal and external partners, and staff members working from home.
- Highly motivated self-starter that can operate with minimal oversight in diverse environments. Must be able to proactively detect, identify and address issues quickly.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.