L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software/Controls Engineer
Job Code: AS20211602-56668
Job Location: Muskegon
L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems is looking for a Software/Controls Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Engineering Department is a service organization to supply electrical and software expertise to the organization. L3Harris CPS produces engines, transmissions, and turret drive systems for various military markets U.S. and Internationally. Electrical Engineers are responsible for designing and testing electrical systems and controls systems for these products including both electrical hardware and software/firmware.
• Perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation and testing for controls features.
• Perform requirements reviews and FMEA development, Simulink Models and C/Assembly Code.
• Generate control algorithms for powertrain controls and diagnostics.
• Prepare preliminary calibrations for software and controls verification and validation.
• Use Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) instrumentation or a vehicle to acquire data to verify new algorithms.
• Apply knowledge and experience to powertrain design projects.
• Conduct failure analyses to identify root cause and corrective actions.
• Conduct tests, document test requirements and write test plans based on test objectives.
• Initiate and coordinate activities in support of projects with other departments within Engineering and with other functions.
• Support production, assembly and test.
• Recommend, plan, and implement component, subsystem and system improvements.
• Write Engineering Change Requests (ECR's).
• Support proposals.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
• Proficient in Matlab / Simulink
* Experience using Vector CANape/CANalyzer
• Experience in embedded controls design and development.
• Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for assisting in the development of specifications, design documentation, and requests for proposal.
• Must be able to obtain DOD Security Clearance
• Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in S/W and controls development of powertrain systems.
• Experience in LabView
• 1 or more years of experience using ETAS INCA Tools for collecting OBD data.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.