Muskegon, MichiganJob ID AS20210202-56008
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: AS20210202-56008
Job Location: Muskegon, MI
The Program Manager is accountable for the overall performance of the program (cost, schedule, performance and customer management) with the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the program.
- Serve as primary proposal manager for aftermarket and sustainment bid and proposal activities
- Support and prepare for bid approval processes
- Support the Engines Business by ensuring that the annual sustainment business plan orders target is either met or exceeded
- Build sustainment strategies for customers including but not limited to Field Service Support, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs), repair programs, managed product obsolescence, and Performance Based Logistics (PBL) programs that align with customer goals
- Management of large, complex project initiatives with minimal oversight or direction
- Ensure work statements are adequately defined and that staffing requirements are correct
- Interpret and understand customer requirements to drive solutions
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome as it relates to cost, quality and schedule of all assigned programs
- Keeps senior leadership informed regarding program status and technical, cost schedule or administrative issues
- Communicates effectively both internally and externally, including customers or vendors
- Conducts investigations to understand root cause of problems
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Quality, Engineering, or Operations Management with a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Experience with authorized distributors required
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with materials management, contracts management, subcontract management, and statement of work development strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems
- Prior US Government security clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Quality, Engineering, or Operations Management
- Experience in project/program management in Defense/Aerospace industries
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.