Product Support Associate
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Product Support Associate
Job Code: AS20202907-48480
Job Location: Muskegon, MI
Job Description: The Product Support Associate performs Integrated Product Support tasks for L3Harris- Combat Propulsion Systems (CPS) Transmission and Engine products that enable our customers to successfully operate and maintain our products. These tasks include determining spare parts, maintenance requirements and procedures for CPS customers, preparation of technical manuals and product training materials, and analysis of field performance data.
Perform Product Support tasks:
- Perform Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) tasks and prepare Logistics Support Analysis Records (LSAR) using L3Harris CPS logistics software.
- Research and assemble information and data for preparation of field service bulletins, letters and repair/parts manuals. Incorporate field service report and engineering change information into technical manuals and field service bulletins as required. Includes contacting vendors for required support data.
- Assist with the return, diagnosis, failure analysis, repair, and return of Customer-returned engine and transmission components.
Coordinate and work effectively in a team environment:
- Interact cross-functionally with individuals from engineering, manufacturing, quality, program management, production, and external suppliers and customers.
- Effectively communicate description of requirements, progress, results and recommendations, via both oral and written communications.
- Identify enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
Other Essential Functions:
- Willingness to be flexible in job assignments to facilitate achieving the team’s overall goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and only general directions provided.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to, and promote, a changing environment- changes/additions in job tools and software, applications, organizational structure, etc.
- Adherence to budget, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Ability to provide analysis and technical solutions to a diverse range of applications and issues, often worked on in parallel.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience. Preferr the degree in a technical field.
- Able to work under general supervision
- Occasional travel is required (domestic). Must be willing to travel by air.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Vehicle access capability required. Must be able to meet the anthropometric requirements for combat vehicle ingress and egress.
- Must have good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times, including personal, work space, and company provided equipment.
- Must be able to pass a security background check and obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- HMPT Transmission and/or AVDS-1790 Engine experience
- Experience with tracked military vehicles.
- Provisioning and/or hands-on mechanical/repair/testing experience in technical support of power train components.
- Must be able to qualify for a Security Clearance at the Secret Level
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.