Muskegon, MichiganJob ID AS20201510-51880
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Master Electrician
Job Code: AS20201510-51880
Job Location:Muskegon MI
Install, maintain and repair all types of electrical and electronic equipment with a constant focus on improving equipment reliability. Master Electricians license to be utilized by L3Harris. Work with Apprenticeship program for Electrical Journeyman.
- Adhere to all MIOSHA and NECA safety regulations.
- Obtain necessary permits with Muskegon County or any other regulatory entity using their Master Electrician’s license.
- Install, maintain and repair all types of electrical and electronic equipment with a constant focus on improving equipment reliability.
- Inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust, maintain and make necessary test on all high voltage and low voltage utility systems, equipment, transformers, switchgear and distribution systems.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters ad voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Install conduit, piping, wiring, and apparatus for maintenance of electrical utilities.
- Diagnoses complex equipment failures, troubleshoots for root cause and develops solutions utilizing a scientific approach with at a minimum the following tools prints, sketches manuals diagnostic equipment etc. coupled with machinery knowledge and common sense in an efficient and timely manner
- Install and service VFD’s, fuse blocks, fuses, relays and other electrical field devices
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters ad voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of systems
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace malfunctioning motors, motor controls and disconnects.
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace contactors, relays, limit switches, momentary switches, etc.
- Safely troubleshoots, operators and repairs as necessary complex equipment including Process Logic Controller systems
- Applies knowledge of electrical control, electronic systems, process controllers, industrial instrumentation and combustion systems.
- Completes work in a timely manner, often without direct supervision. Ability to organize work for maximum efficiency. Ability to adjust work priorities based on plant needs and business requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Journeyman Master Electrician or be able to obtain a UAW Card within the first 90 days of employment
- Maintain an active Master Electrician license
- Must have Industrial experience, including knowledge in motor control, relay logic, PLC logic and computer based motor and process control system
- Must be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 lbs. and must be able to bend and lift
- This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends
- Demonstrated personal leadership and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.