Machine Repair Technician- 2nd Shift
Muskegon, MichiganJob ID AS20202112-54510
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Machine Repair Technician - 2nd Shift
Job Code: AS20202112-54510
Job Location:Muskegon, MI
The Machine Repair Technician will have an extensive understanding of mechanical and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with hydraulic and mechanical components. This is a union position with starting pay of $31.21 per hour plus a 7% shift premium.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all Manual and CNC machine tool equipment
- Use schematic diagrams to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Identify necessary spare parts lists for equipment and ensures inventory levels are maintained
- Ensure proper documentation is completed and submitted in regards to status of machine issues and repairs
- Promote and perform preventative maintenance on all machine tool equipment per schedules and procedures
- Complete maintenance reports and logs to tasks performed
- Conduct technical and machine recovery support for production
- Instruct co-workers (maintenance staff and production operators) on proper and safe operations of equipment as needed
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as stated in various safety-related training programs: this includes but is not limited to, lockout/tag out, electrical code safe practices and confined space entry programs
- Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel
- Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- May perform other related assignments as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Journeyman Machine Repair or be able to obtain a UAW Card within the first 90 days of employment
- Willing to consider applicants with five years’ experience in Machine Repair and three years in Machine build, Service and/or Maintenance
- Willing to consider candidates that who have completed an Apprenticeship Training course equal to 8000 in Machine repair hours and 4 years of relevant experience
- Must have troubleshooting experience with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components (motors, ball screws, spindle heads, gearboxes, pumps, cylinder, and hose)
- Must have knowledge & experience in Laser Alignment and Calibration of machines
- Must have the ability to operate mature machines and systems
- Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge of machine tools.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be able to analyze all aspects of a situation, identify potential solutions and implement the best solution in a timely manner
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends
- Must be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
- CNC operational experience with Mazatrol, Fanuc, Siemens, and Mitsubishi is preferred
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
- Positive work ethic and reliable attendance record
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.