Electronics Engineering Tech- Entry
Muskegon, MichiganJob ID AS20211901-55194
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electronics Engineering Tech- Entry
Job Code: AS20211901-55194
Job Location:Muskegon MI
Job Description: UAW represented position that serves as a specialist in applied electronics and electrical control systems as related to the support of engineering and production programs including calibrations and test and measurement equipment.
- Assist in the design and development of electronic components and systems
- Troubleshoot, repair and calibrate electronic instruments, test cell components and systems as required.
- Install, connect and assure proper utilization of instrumentation systems and related devices
- Conduct special tests and operate specialized equipment for data acquisition, analysis and reporting
- Fabricates and assembles components and special hardware associated with assigned tasks
- Troubleshoots, repairs and calibrates
- Assist in the design and specification of control systems for test cell operation, test fixtures and test equipment including system design, software and sensor selection, panel lay-out and schematic development.
- Associates degree in Electronics preferred or minimum 5 years’ directly related experience in lieu of
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of test equipment including data acquisition and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated systems test experience
- Demonstrated laboratory experience
- Introduction/experience to one of the following software/hardware systems is a plus (LabView, Matlab/Simulink, OPTO 22)
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers and Government representatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be willing to travel (domestic suppliers and vendors).
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to move freely, with or without accommodation, throughout the manufacturing environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.