Continuous Improvement Sr. Specialist
Muskegon, MichiganJob ID AS20211602-56708
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Sr. Specialist
Job Code: AS20211602-56708
Job Location: Muskegon, MI
L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems (CPS) has an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Senior Specialist to help drive the e3 business operating system throughout our division. e3 provides a common language, processes, and metrics across the enterprise and includes regular reviews and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement. Every employee in every function and in every aspect of the organization uses e3 every day of the year as part of their job.
The CPS e3 team strives for operational excellence across all business and functional areas and processes by deploying Lean tools and Six Sigma principles. The e3 team plays an active role in driving accelerated operating and financial performance through continuous process improvement and execution of breakthrough initiatives. The selected candidate will work closely with each function within the division to manage the execution of strategic projects. This position requires a senior professional with sound knowledge of lean, Six Sigma, and project management along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead large-scale, cross-functional improvement events yielding high dollar savings returns
- Analyze data and metric performance to prioritize improvement events that directly affect favorable division performance
- Create visual standards and management key performance indicators to drive an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify and facilitate improvement opportunities in transactional and operational areas of the organization using Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen, and Production Planning Process (3P) workshops.
- Grow the next generation of belt/lean trained employees through training, mentoring, and targeted learning/knowledge transfer opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of current relevant experience in improvement event facilitation, improvement coaching, and leading organization wide improvements.
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office required
- Black Belt Certification
- Experience in mentoring, training, and coaching others in lean and Six Sigma
- Experience implementing and improving SIOP, Procurement, and Engineering transactional processes
- Experience with MRP systems and business financial measures
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.