Continuous Improvement Sr. Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Sr. Specialist
Job Code: AS20202309-50952
Job Location: Muskegon, MI
Job Description: Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Lead large-scale, cross-functional improvement events yielding high dollar savings returns
- Use of Lean tools defining gaps between current state / future state and create action plans
- Analyze data and metric performance to prioritize improvement events that directly affect favorable division performance
- Create visual standards and management key performance indicators to drive an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identifying and facilitating improvement opportunities in transactional and operational areas of the organization using Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen, and Production Planning Process (3P) workshops.
- Train, educate, and mentor in the use of improvement tools and methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of current relevant experience in improvement event facilitation, improvement coaching, and leading organization wide improvements.
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 2+ years in CNC manufacturing environments
- Black Belt Certification
- Skills in data collection, organization and analysis tools, including Minitab, SQL, and/or JMP
- Experience with MRP systems and business financial measures
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.