3rd Shift Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: 3rd Shift Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
Job Code: AS20210103-57318
Job Location: Muskegon, Michigan
The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist is the crucial floor support for the manufacturing machining and assembly for the AVDS Engine and HMPT Transmission programs for Military Combat Vehicles. The hours of work will be from 10:00pm – 7:00am and the position will split their time between on the floor support and crucial management of process documentation and meeting the daily demands of the production floor. The M.E. Specialist will also participate in the process of identifying needs of the company for updates to current awarded contracts and the requests to provide quotations for future work. The person holding this position may also be involved in the support of customer engine depots both domestic and international. The successful candidate will be be involed in the corrective action, and process improvement process, both as a leader and a participant. The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist position is the primary support element for the manufacturing machining and assembly for the AVDS Engine and HMPT Transmission programs.
- Develop and implement machining processes to the manufacturing floor including tooling, programming, gauging, process documentation and project management
- Develop and train personnel on new and existing process documentation
- Propose, investigate, justify, requisition, source, and manage the purchase of capital equipment
- Support production by resolving process issues, producibility and quality problems using Lean and 6 Sigma techniques
- Work with cross funtional teams to ensure products and processes meet Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivelant degree and a minimum of 4 years of machining experience required
- Must have CNC programming experience in Mastercam (CAM), M & G Codes. Must have extensive hands on experience with machining equipment from 1950’s to current (Manual, CNC and Automation)
- Experience developing, documenting and troubleshooting machining processes
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment
- Must be familiar with, and able to utilize all Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have experience in working in a manufaturing machining shop ,and experienced in the following:
- Set-up and operation of manual and CNC machining equipment
- Process Planning Software
- Bill of Material structures
- Assembly fixture concepts & Design
- How to work with suppliers in the design and fabrication of fixtures, tools, parts or machines
- How to work within a union environment
- Must be able to read machining and assembly prints and correlate them with the Bill of Material and associated processes
- Must understand metric measurements and tooling
- Previously held security clearance preferred. Ability to get security clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven success in providing guidance, coaching and training to engineering level personnel
- Project Management experience, have used MS Project in the past and have developed Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, and Schedules
- Experience managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Experience providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees across the Company within area of expertise.
- Proven history to drive projects to completion
- Availability for occasional business travel
- Availability for casual overtime based on workload and/or urgency
- Understanding of Geometeric Dimensioning & Tolerancing techniques
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of using CAD models and programs in CREO and AutoCad
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.