3rd Shift CNC Electrician
Muskegon, MichiganJob ID AS20210704-59292
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: 3rd Shift CNC Electrician
Job Code: AS20210704-59292
Job Location:Muskegon, MI
This position will troubleshoot, maintain and repair CNC Machines, controls and related electronics. Union position with a starting wage of $31.21 per hour plus a 14% shift premium.
- Maintain and repair CNC machines, controls and related electronics
- Perform preventative maintenance on machine controls, motors, scales, readout devices
- Assist other trades
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as stated in various safety-related training programs: this includes but is not limited to, lockout/tag out, electrical code safe practices and confined space entry programs
- Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel
- Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Perform various miscellaneous tasks
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Journeyman Industrial CNC Electrician and be able to obtain a UAW Card within the first 90 days of employment
- Willing to consider applicants with five years’ experience in Industrial CNC Repair and three years in Service and/or Maintenance
- Willing to consider candidates that who have completed an Apprenticeship Training course as Industrial Electrician.
- Completion of bon-a-fide apprenticeship program or 8 years of documented experience from former employer of related work experience. (Must be on company letterhead with notarized stamp and HR signature)
- Must have knowledge of electronic/electrical trouble shooting methods and repair of CNC manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to read and understand schematics diagrams and drawings for all types of electronic/electrical equipment
- Must be able to diagnose equipment failures to the board level
- Must have CNC machining background
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
- This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends
- Must be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 lbs. and must be able to bend and lift
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Mazak And Toyoda CNC Machine experience is a plus
- Fanuc and Mitsubishi CNC controls is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.