Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
PSPC Canada Systems Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of L3Harris Technology Inc., is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. L3Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 130 countries and has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments: Communication Systems, Space & Airborne Systems, Integrated Mission Systems, and Aviation Systems. Learn more at L3Harris.com.
- This position will be the primary field technician for the City of Brantford, City of London, City of Greater Sudbury, ON customers, and secondary support for Region of Durham and City of Peterborough, ON customers, including 700-800MHz radio, servers, routers, firewalls, microwave, and dispatch console, reporting to the Mississauga Service Center and Canadian headquarters office.
- Duties can include performing install, setup, end-to-end system alignment, testing and fault diagnosis, basic software application/OS installation, troubleshooting, diagnostics & changes in various devices such as PCs, Cisco routers/firewalls, Dell/Cisco/Sun servers, etc. during implementation and on operational Land Mobile Radio (LMR) radio networks (P25, and OpenSky), with the aid of PC-based programs, test equipment and tools, schematics and other drawings,
- Other duties include: Programming, repairing, and Installation of mobile and portable radios, antennas and accessories, perform unit swap and associated tests in a variety of vehicles. Mounting, cabling, initial set-up and testing of site equipment, fault isolation and replacement at the unit level. Complete test records, fault reports, and all other project related documentation and forward to installation supervisor.
- Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates
- The selected candidate must ensure that safety practices are being followed at all times, maintain and preserve company owned equipment and ensure it is kept in good repair at all times Frequently moves equipment and tools weighing up to 70 pounds from truck to job site, utilizes ladders or step stools to reach heights of approx. 10 feet
- The selected candidate may be required to train new employees in the correct system alignment and test procedures when required.
- The selected candidate will routinely provide technical assistance to customers and co-workers requiring telephone or on-site support.
- The selected candidate will routinely be on call and respond to emergency requests including working with centralized control centers, may work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs, and to respond to after-hours emergency calls
- The selected candidate will have the demonstrated ability to work in high stress and visibility environment; Professional appearance.
- The selected candidate will routinely operate a company vehicle and comply to all Federal, Provincial, Local and Company regulations including, but not limited to possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
Must be a Canadian Citizen
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience OR 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, in one of the following:
- Wireless or electronic communication, Electronics field – Land Mobile Radio (LMR), APCO P25, Digital Simulcast Trunked Radio, microwave, cellular, wireless, satellite, fiber-optic, telecommunications, telemetry, DMR, Digital Radio, TETRA, CDMA, LTE, SCADA, etc. or equivalent work experience; OR
- Information Technology maintenance field, server and client trouble-shooting, fault diagnosis and fault resolution, access controls, network addressing, OR
- Service experience with radio network wave forms such as HF, UHF, VHF, 800MHz, NTIA First Responder Network Authority FirstNet, SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, ANW2, UHF DAMA SATCOM, and SRW or tactical data links such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF, CDL/TCDL and CoT or Department of National Defense (DND) Architecture Framework (DoDAF) or cryptographic equipment (KY-58, KY-100, KG-175D)
Valid Canadian Drivers’ License
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new learnings to role/responsibilities
- Experience with L3Harris trunked radio systems preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer presence as well as verbal and written communication skills, including creating/updating system documentation, communications involving system installation and operation, making customer presentations.
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment used for troubleshooting, diagnostics and preventative maintenance of LMR radio systems; communications analyzers (service monitors) spectrum analyzers, volt meters, T1 testers.
- Ability to meet internal paperwork requirements for time card input, expense and Procurement Card (P-Card) reports, and service tickets.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one, including this one. Canadian Security clearances may only be granted to Canadian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the L3Harris EHS Policy, complying with L3Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.