Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Trade Compliance Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Mirabel (QC) is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
L3Harris MAS, a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc., is an agile and innovative aerospace and defense technology company. Our 1000 employees provide complete military and commercial aviation modernization and upgrade solutions structural and avionics upgrades, aircraft component repair and overhaul, integrated logistics support, stripping and painting, field service support and technical publications, plus a full range of technical support services.
Our specialized aviation facilities include component repair, overhaul and machining, aircraft hangars and other upgrade facilities, structural design and analysis, full-scale fatigue testing and aircraft fatigue management, as well as other engineering services - from mechanical engineering and avionics to electronics and systems engineering.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to ensure confidence and security in the world ahead.
About your next Challenge as a Trade Compliance Manager:
The Trade Compliance Manager will lead the L3 Technologies MAS inc. Trade Compliance team with direct reporting line to the Director, International Trade Compliance under the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) Segment. As an experienced manager and subject matter expert, the Trade Compliance Manager will provide direction to a team of export compliance professionals and will oversee the implementation and compliance with regulatory, corporate, and U.S. and Canadian trade compliance requirements while facilitating business growth in a compliant environment.
What You Will Do:
- Act as the Empowered Official (EO), responsible for the effective and compliant execution of the division level Trade Compliance program
- Effectively manage and develop a team of Trade Compliance staff
- Oversee import compliance including, HS classification, Free Trade Agreement analysis, and monitoring Customs Broker activities
- Oversee the export compliance program including, jurisdiction and classification and export / brokering license or permit process for commodities, software, technical data and related defense services under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Canada’s Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) and Controlled Goods Program (CGP) / Defence Production Act (DPA).
- Implement L3Harris policies, procedures and U.S. and Canadian regulatory requirements at L3 Technologies MAS inc. with a keen focus on establishing a culture of continuous improvement within Trade Compliance
- Lead the development and execution of Trade Compliance training to stakeholders to increase the organization’s awareness of Trade Compliance policies, procedures and applicable laws related to trade, exports and import compliance
- Provide strategic Trade Compliance guidance and advice to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and actively manage KPI’s that effectively support process efficiencies and business growth in a compliant environment
- Develop internal compliance audits and assessments and support external audits
- Oversee investigations of non-compliance with import/export laws and regulations
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Must possess full working knowledge or ITAR, EAR, EIPA, CGP, DPA and Customs regulations with specific experience in jurisdiction and classification analysis.
- Must have good organizational skills, as well as good verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires keen attention to detail, with the ability to learn and comprehend highly detailed laws and regulations.
- Must facilitate business growth while effectively maintaining a compliance environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform research across both technical and regulatory / legal environments.
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, interpret and follow complicated written and verbal instructions, interpret regulations, and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a high level.
- Must have experience managing a team of trade compliance professionals
- Working experience in the aerospace / defense industry is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent time management skills
- Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area.
- Strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels. Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices and approaches.
- A willingness to see things through to the end.
- A team player who is comfortable working with other professionals.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on project ownership and accountability.
- Must be able to travel as necessary. (Up to 10% travel).
Desired Education and Experiences
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Visit the Government of Canada website for more details.
- For on-site positions, our location not accessible by public transport, car/carpooling required : Direction to Our Facility
Keys to Your Success:
- Well developed communication and presentation skills in French and English;
- A team player that takes initiative, is proactive and a creative member of the team.
- Adaptable and flexible in managing multiple priorities and an evolving, fast paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Teleworking during COVID and possibility of long term hybrid office/home work environment depending on your role;
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours;
- Ability to accumulate a "flexible" 40-hour time off bank;
- Comprehensive benefits (flexible group insurance, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP) and wellness programs;
- Employee Recognition Program;
- Employee Referral Bonus program;
- Continuous Learning and development Program. Opportunities with several training opportunities at your disposal;
- Opportunities for growth, development and career progression;
- Other benefits: Cafeteria with outdoor terrace at our Mirabel facility, seasonal tire change, annual flu vaccination clinic,
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.