Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Software Quality Assurance Eng. (Hybrid)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Mirabel (QC), Ottawa (ON) and Enfield (NS) is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
As Sr. Specialist, Software Quality Engineering at L3 MAS you will:
An active member of the Software Engineering department at L3Harris MAS.
The Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Specialist is responsible for software quality assurance across a variety of software life cycle development and maintenance activities and software intensive projects; including aerospace platform and ground-based software, engineering support applications, and business software. The specialist will develop quality assurance plans, support formal technical reviews, and conduct audits to ensure the application of quality processes to software development, maintenance, and integration projects (in-house and subcontracted). Work requires close collaboration on multiple projects and technologies, interfacing with team members within the organization as well as external partners, subcontractors, and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, maintain and execute software quality assurance processes and procedures;
- Develop project-based quality or process documents;
- Define and implement SQA testing methodology;
- Develop and execute SQA test plans;
- Conduct or support process and product quality audits;
- Maintain and analyze test results to assist in debugging and modification of software;
- Consult with software engineers and developers to resolve problems;
- Analyse, propose and implement quality improvements on projects;
- Recommend and take actions to improve system or product quality;
- Execute risk management activities (identification, assessment, monitoring, controlling); and
- Work with product stakeholders to maintain and improve the quality of deliverables.
The selected candidate must be eligible to meet requirements and conditions of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and the requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
A RELIABILITY security clearance will be required to start work. A NATO SECRET security clearance is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of specialization is required. Preferred fields of specialization: software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering.
- Minimal 6 years hands on experience in SQA on a combination of different software development / integration projects, such as: commercial application software development, commercial embedded software development, distributed systems software development, military platform and avionics embedded software development, or security systems software development;
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and DevOps;
- Understanding of SQA best practices and software verification methodologies;
- Knowledge of formal SQA standards;
- Experience in writing SQA plans;
- Experience in developing and executing SQA test strategy;
- Experience in developing, selecting, monitoring and interpreting SQA metrics;
- Experience in conducting audits of software processes;
- Knowledge of defence aerospace considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Passionate, dynamic, motivated, agile in action, and with a desire to learn;
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Oral);
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, supervise, and control work in one or more projects.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Visit the Government of Canada website for more details.
- For on-site positions, our location not accessible by public transport, car/carpooling required : Direction to Our Facility
Keys to Your Success:
- Well developed communication and presentation skills in French and English;
- A team player that takes initiative, is proactive and a creative member of the team.
- Adaptable and flexible in managing multiple priorities and an evolving, fast paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Teleworking during COVID and possibility of long term hybrid office/home work environment depending on your role;
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours;
- Ability to accumulate a "flexible" 40-hour time off bank;
- Comprehensive benefits (flexible group insurance, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP) and wellness programs;
- Employee Recognition Program;
- Employee Referral Bonus program;
- Continuous Learning and development Program. Opportunities with several training opportunities at your disposal;
- Opportunities for growth, development and career progression;
- Other benefits: Cafeteria with outdoor terrace at our Mirabel facility, seasonal tire change, annual flu vaccination clinic,
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.