Senior Specialist, System Engineering (Temporary, 12 months)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Perform Engineering trade studies on existing and new product technologies;
- Integrate and test, wideband and narrowband communication and datalinks ;
- Translate requests of the customer into system level requirements;
- Write subsystem specifications to subcontractors based on system level requirements;
- Evaluate alternative solutions and establish preliminary system design;
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements;
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals;
- Develop experience managing and implementing software and system test plans in a team environment.
- Bachelor degree in a technical or engineering field (Electrical, Avionics, Mechanical) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant avionics systems experience.
- Experience with FMS systems, autopilot systems, radar altimeter, IFF transponders, TCAS and NAV radios and aircraft intercommunication systems;
- Aircraft optical sensor system experience with integration and ground/ flight test support;
- Experience with airworthiness regulations in FAR23 or FAR25 type of aircraft;
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills;
- Experience working with subcontractors and Government customers;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Hands-on experience with testing, integrating, and verifying hardware and/or software;
- Experience developing, authoring, and implementing system test plans in a team environment;
- Familiarity with ARINC 429, 1553, RS232/422, Ethernet, and other serial protocols.
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
- Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
- Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
- Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.