L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Mirabel (QC), is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
Reporting to the Project Manager and as a Project Lead, your main responsibility will be to prepare and manage deliverables by following internal practices such as project management methodology and applicable regulations, standards and procedures. In addition, your role will be to act as the main point of contact with the different teams of production and engineering.
Responsible for the planning and execution of projects:
- Understand the Statement Of Work (SOW), define scope of work, define requirements and contractual obligations;
- Establish Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary;
- Identify risks and associated mitigation plan;
- Establish project schedule and budget in order to monitor and control performance through the Earned Value technique;
- Document assumptions and constraints;
- Prepare and communicate the Project Management Plan.
- Initiate projects, manage execution and ensure project performance:
- Initiate projects and authorize work;
- Responsible for activities identification, development of the master schedule and the overall budget of the project and authorize the beginning of efforts;
- Monitor and control schedule milestones and budget; validate estimates with contractual deliverables;
- Monitor on a regular basis all projects; assess general performance through the project management principles as per PMBOK (Project Management Book Of Knowledge) and assess schedule and budget variances;
- Monitor Corrective Action Plans to ensure the success of the projects;
- Prepare proposals;
- Conduct Risk Management; identify new risk elements, evaluate potential impacts and develop a mitigation plan;
- Prepare and execute the Communication Plan;
- Prepare, document and communicate the projects status to stakeholders through weekly/monthly reports and Project;
- Review Meetings (PRMs);
- Lead and facilitate internal project team meetings and work sessions;
- Coordinate, plan and analyze resource demand and capacity;
- Ensure problem resolution and manage potential conflicts;
- Manage projects interfaces (inputs and outputs).
- Conduct project closures and lessons learned;
- Promote the Continuous Improvement Culture.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Engineering required;
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in project management or project coordination;
Excellent communication skills, written and oral, both French and English;
Experience in aeronautical environment;
Be results oriented;
Be autonomous, strong initiative, reliable and have judgment skills.
Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
Location not accessible via public transportation, car required. Remote work from home during COVID.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.