Preflight Avionics Technician for CF-18 Aircraft
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Performs functional and pre-flight tests on all aircraft electronic equipment such as communication system, navigation system, radar, radôme, detecting, computing, cameras, recording and automatic control, instrument panel and all electrical equipment, by using all test equipment as required to simulate in flight;
- Performs the installation, connection, trouble shooting, modification, repair, rework and overhaul according to established procedure of all wiring and components serving any unit of electronic system or electrical system for production, experimental, repair and overhaul and maintenance purposes.
- Technical college diploma in avionics;
- Three to five years of experience as an Avionic Technician.
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
- Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
- Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
- Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.