Junior Financial Analyst, Project Management (New Grad)
Mirabel, CanadaJob ID 8930
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
About your next Challenge as a Junior Financial Analyst, Project Management:
Under the supervision of the Program Finance Manager, the JuniorFinancial Analyst, Project Management, is responsible for setting up and monitoring projects to provide the necessary visibility in terms of planning, accounting and project costs control in a Project Management environment.
Hybrid position : 2 days a week On-Site.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in the development of the master schedule and the overall project budget, as well as authorizing the work upon project funding approval;
- Conduct periodic monitoring such as: assessing overall performance of the project according to principles of project management, analyzing discrepancies between the baseline budget and schedule and, participating in the preparation of corrective actions;
- Assist the Project Manager with scope changes and risk management;
- Prepare various performance reports and carry out appropriate monthly financial analysis;
- Participate in the development of solutions and decision-making with the Project Manager.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 6 years of prior related experience;
- Proficiency of Excel, advanced level is required;
- Knowledge of SAP’s PS (Project System) module, or another Project Management software (an asset);
- Project Management (an asset);
- Bilingualism written and spoken (English and French);
- Rigor, teamwork, analytical skills and business sense are required abilities;
- Ability to work in a context of accountability and autonomy.
Eligibility Criteria (Mandatory):
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Location not accessible by public transport, car/carpooling required.
L3Harris performs background checks prior to employment as all applicants must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program and obtain and maintain a positive security assessment. Some positions may require a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance. In addition, L3Harris performs pre-employment substance abuse testing where required.
At L3Harris, we foster an inclusive, equitable and diverse workplace. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. For applicants with disabilities, we will provide you with accommodation so that you have what you need in order to be at your best.