Avionics Analyst - Level 3
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Avionics Analyst is mainly responsible for implementing engineering projects and services which are specifically related to avionics (command, navigation, communication, antenna, power and electrical circuit) and electrical harnesses for military and commercial aircrafts.
- Apply the aerospace industry knowledge for embedded systems (analog and digital) and the avionics software (i.e. define, design, develop, simulate, test, validate/verify);
- Ensure the adequacy between the established technical requirements and the proposed engineering solutions;
- Ensure the technical conformity of products and services in accordance to the internal and external customers needs;
- Apply and ensure the application of the internal processes and the policies of L3 (engineering, materials and processes, airworthiness, project management, quality, etc.);
- Apply the regulations, the standards, and aeronautical procedures (FAR, CAR, JAR, RAC, TAM, etc.) to support a certification package;
- Participate in technical reviews, problems solving activities;
- Prepare analyses and technical reports;
- Perform Electrical Load Analyses (ELA);
- Analyze, design or modify schematic circuit and electrical cables;
- Prepare or modify electrical drawings with computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD-CAM) tool and/or computer-aided design (CAD) tool, in accordance to the company and customers standards;
- Support the technical activities and the customer during prototypes realization.
- Engineering degree in Aerospace/Avionics/ Electrical, or equivalent;
- Experience with computer-aided drawings tools (the knowledge of ePlan P8 and CATIA V5) is an asset;
- Knowledge of the standards ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 739, DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754, AS9100, MIL-STD-810 (Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests) and DO-160 (Test Environmental Conditions and Procedures for Airborne Equipment), etc.;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access);
- Demonstrate integrity, is passionate, autonomous and team player;
- Results oriented and knowing how to maintain the balance between professional commitments and personal obligations;
- Bilingual is essential (English and French).
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
- Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
- Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
- Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.