Senior Specialist, Program Management
Millersville, MarylandJob ID IMS20210704-59293
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Program Manager
Job Location:Millersville, MD
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Oversees and manages internal and/or external operational aspects of ongoing projects within a program.
- External aspects require leadership and broad expertise across a multitude of disciplines.
- Internal aspects may include leading a subset of the project’s scope, or interface between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Influences the adoption of practices, approaches and concepts across multiple disciplines.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- The Program Manager (PM) will lead multi-functional teams in the proposal and execution of Department of Defense USN surface and subsurface towed array programs while maintaining responsibility for cost and schedule performance.
- Monitor and report status on cost, schedule and performance using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodology and tools.
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, Finance and Quality to support on time delivery.
- Identify innovation, continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate with customers to identify opportunities and solutions and provide issue resolution across the program lifecycle, including proposal, production and support.
- Lead proposal preparation, including technical description, Statement of Work (SOW), and cost/schedule estimation.
- Coordinate with Business Development, customers and strategic partners to identify business opportunities, identify capability gaps, grow business and establish a 5-year Strategic Vision for the company.
- Other duties may include supporting Program Management processes across the maritime Sensors Division.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering AND minimum 6 years prior relevant experience, OR, graduate degree AND 4 years prior relevant experience.
- Requires strong knowledge of program management through advanced education combined with experience. Hands on experience in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodology and tools to monitor and report status on program execution.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with DoD proposals and SOW.
- Experience with MS Office Suite: Excel, Work, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
- Must be able to travel on occasion, up to 10% at times.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Program Manager experience on DoD program.
- Secret DoD security clearance based on an investigation less than 6 years old.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.