Senior Industrial Security Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Industrial Security
Job Location: Millersville, MD
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
• Prepare manuals, SOPs, OPSEC Plans, TEMPEST Surveys, PARS, LOCNs, and other required documents as well as be responsible to ensure full compliance to NISPOM, ICDs, and other government and company policies.
• Will conduct initial and on-going security training and education briefings.
• Will be required to interface with Program Managers and customers, attend leadership level meetings, and be the conduit to flow information to program monitors and InfoSec professionals.
• Will establish and maintain a working relationship with all government agencies while building/managing SCIFs/SAPFs as well as filing necessary clearance paperwork for employees, candidates, and consultants.
• Manages the DoD Industrial Security program and other related security activities for the company to ensure compliance with the NISPOM and company policies and procedures.
• Manages the development and implementation of security procedures and briefings in coordination with governmental agencies and company management.
• disciplines to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Assurance (IA), Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control, and Visitor Control
• Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• May have in-depth knowledge of project management.
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
• Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
• Final secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Serves as a Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO)/Assistant FSO in accordance with the
NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, ICD’s, and DoDM 5105.21 M1.
• SAP level experience with an understanding of industry responsibilities:
o Personnel security processing with Prime – Initiating PAR’s
o Present and instruct : Initial briefing , Debriefing and Annual training of personnel
o Ownership of Self Compliance and Security Inspection Checklist for the facility
• Demonstrates experience working in teams and matrix environments
• Work independently, manage multiple tasks, and coordinate activities within deadlines
• Interact with senior management on matters pertaining to security policy and procedures
• Ability to prepare DD Form 254 and related security documentation
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
• Position requires good organizational skills, flexibility, sound judgment, and an even, professional temperament
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.